Sep 29, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Last season saw Kings rookie Tyler Toffoli make a strong impression both late in the year and in the playoffs. Now he’s going to start this season in the AHL.
Los Angeles announced they’re sending Toffoli, along with fellow forwards Linden Vey and Tanner Pearson, to AHL Manchester to get their roster down to 24 men. The team placed defenseman Jeff Schultz on waivers earlier in the day.
Toffoli was a late-season call-up for the Kings last year and he provided an offensive spark with five points in 10 games. In the postseason he stepped up even more with two goals and four assists in 12 games.
This time around, it appears coach Darryl Sutter is going with a heavier, more physical lineup with Daniel Carcillo, Dwight King, and Jordan Nolan sticking around. Replacing Dustin Penner with guys who hit and agitate more makes for a curious decision.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 53
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 32
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 28
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)