Sep 29, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Last season saw Kings rookie Tyler Toffoli make a strong impression both late in the year and in the playoffs. Now he’s going to start this season in the AHL.
Los Angeles announced they’re sending Toffoli, along with fellow forwards Linden Vey and Tanner Pearson, to AHL Manchester to get their roster down to 24 men. The team placed defenseman Jeff Schultz on waivers earlier in the day.
Toffoli was a late-season call-up for the Kings last year and he provided an offensive spark with five points in 10 games. In the postseason he stepped up even more with two goals and four assists in 12 games.
This time around, it appears coach Darryl Sutter is going with a heavier, more physical lineup with Daniel Carcillo, Dwight King, and Jordan Nolan sticking around. Replacing Dustin Penner with guys who hit and agitate more makes for a curious decision.
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)