Sep 29, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Last season saw Kings rookie Tyler Toffoli make a strong impression both late in the year and in the playoffs. Now he’s going to start this season in the AHL.
Los Angeles announced they’re sending Toffoli, along with fellow forwards Linden Vey and Tanner Pearson, to AHL Manchester to get their roster down to 24 men. The team placed defenseman Jeff Schultz on waivers earlier in the day.
Toffoli was a late-season call-up for the Kings last year and he provided an offensive spark with five points in 10 games. In the postseason he stepped up even more with two goals and four assists in 12 games.
This time around, it appears coach Darryl Sutter is going with a heavier, more physical lineup with Daniel Carcillo, Dwight King, and Jordan Nolan sticking around. Replacing Dustin Penner with guys who hit and agitate more makes for a curious decision.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9