Sep 29, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
The Islanders didn’t provide word on the type of injury* or severity, only that they’ll re-evaluate him on Monday, New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports. Details are scarce regarding whether Grant delivered a check that was worthy of a look from the league.
Obviously, the information is pretty cloudy right now, but it’s also obvious that the Islanders hope that Hamonic, 23, didn’t suffer a significant injury. They gave him a surprising seven-year, $27 million extension this offseason, so seeing a possible health concern crop up is worrisome.
As that report indicates, it might take until Monday to learn more. This post will be updated if video of the hit surfaces tonight.
A substantial injury could very well open the door for a prospect like Griffin Reinhart, but we’ll see.
* – Jeez, you’d think they would tell us which half of his torso isn’t quite right like every other team …
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21