Sep 29, 2013, 10:54 PM EST
The Islanders didn’t provide word on the type of injury* or severity, only that they’ll re-evaluate him on Monday, New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports. Details are scarce regarding whether Grant delivered a check that was worthy of a look from the league.
Obviously, the information is pretty cloudy right now, but it’s also obvious that the Islanders hope that Hamonic, 23, didn’t suffer a significant injury. They gave him a surprising seven-year, $27 million extension this offseason, so seeing a possible health concern crop up is worrisome.
As that report indicates, it might take until Monday to learn more. This post will be updated if video of the hit surfaces tonight.
A substantial injury could very well open the door for a prospect like Griffin Reinhart, but we’ll see.
* – Jeez, you’d think they would tell us which half of his torso isn’t quite right like every other team …
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 1
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 12
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 9
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)