Sep 29, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
The Islanders didn’t provide word on the type of injury* or severity, only that they’ll re-evaluate him on Monday, New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports. Details are scarce regarding whether Grant delivered a check that was worthy of a look from the league.
Obviously, the information is pretty cloudy right now, but it’s also obvious that the Islanders hope that Hamonic, 23, didn’t suffer a significant injury. They gave him a surprising seven-year, $27 million extension this offseason, so seeing a possible health concern crop up is worrisome.
As that report indicates, it might take until Monday to learn more. This post will be updated if video of the hit surfaces tonight.
A substantial injury could very well open the door for a prospect like Griffin Reinhart, but we’ll see.
* – Jeez, you’d think they would tell us which half of his torso isn’t quite right like every other team …
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)