Sep 29, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
The Islanders didn’t provide word on the type of injury* or severity, only that they’ll re-evaluate him on Monday, New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports. Details are scarce regarding whether Grant delivered a check that was worthy of a look from the league.
Obviously, the information is pretty cloudy right now, but it’s also obvious that the Islanders hope that Hamonic, 23, didn’t suffer a significant injury. They gave him a surprising seven-year, $27 million extension this offseason, so seeing a possible health concern crop up is worrisome.
As that report indicates, it might take until Monday to learn more. This post will be updated if video of the hit surfaces tonight.
A substantial injury could very well open the door for a prospect like Griffin Reinhart, but we’ll see.
* – Jeez, you’d think they would tell us which half of his torso isn’t quite right like every other team …
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)