Sep 29, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
The Islanders didn’t provide word on the type of injury* or severity, only that they’ll re-evaluate him on Monday, New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports. Details are scarce regarding whether Grant delivered a check that was worthy of a look from the league.
Obviously, the information is pretty cloudy right now, but it’s also obvious that the Islanders hope that Hamonic, 23, didn’t suffer a significant injury. They gave him a surprising seven-year, $27 million extension this offseason, so seeing a possible health concern crop up is worrisome.
As that report indicates, it might take until Monday to learn more. This post will be updated if video of the hit surfaces tonight.
A substantial injury could very well open the door for a prospect like Griffin Reinhart, but we’ll see.
* – Jeez, you’d think they would tell us which half of his torso isn’t quite right like every other team …
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)