Sep 29, 2013, 12:49 AM EST
It won’t go down as a blockbuster, but the Carolina Hurricanes and Vancouver Canucks made a deal.
Carolina sends forwards Zac Dalpe and Jeremy Welsh to Vancouver in exchange for forward Kellen Tochkin and a fourth-round pick in the 2014 draft.
The deal works out to be a way for Carolina to clear some salary. According to CapGeek.com, the Hurricanes had less than $450,000 in cap space. Moving Welsh ($850,000) helps clear his money and Dalpe’s $550,000 hit is a virtual wash with Tochkin’s ($544,722).
For Vancouver, they add more skilled depth at forward if not with the big club then certainly with their AHL squad in Utica.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)