Sep 29, 2013, 12:49 AM EDT
It won’t go down as a blockbuster, but the Carolina Hurricanes and Vancouver Canucks made a deal.
Carolina sends forwards Zac Dalpe and Jeremy Welsh to Vancouver in exchange for forward Kellen Tochkin and a fourth-round pick in the 2014 draft.
The deal works out to be a way for Carolina to clear some salary. According to CapGeek.com, the Hurricanes had less than $450,000 in cap space. Moving Welsh ($850,000) helps clear his money and Dalpe’s $550,000 hit is a virtual wash with Tochkin’s ($544,722).
For Vancouver, they add more skilled depth at forward if not with the big club then certainly with their AHL squad in Utica.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)