Sep 29, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
The race to be the 13th forward in Boston was won by the incumbent rather than the outside challenger.
For Caron, winning the job as the extra forward could be a sign that coach Claude Julien believes he has it in him to thrive staying with the organization. It could also be his last chance to show the team he belongs as well.
Johnson, 27, was coming off a season that saw him score four goals in 17 games with the Phoenix Coyotes. Chances are good that he can clear waivers and remain in the organization. That means if Caron doesn’t keep his play up, the two can wind up changing places if needed.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)