Sep 28, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The early word indicates that both situations might not be that big of a deal, but both Minnesota Wild goalies Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding don’t seem like they’re at full strength as of Saturday.
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Backstrom, 35, was held out of Minnesota’s Friday preseason game against the St. Louis Blues with soreness while Harding, 29, felt sick late in that game.
The good news is that head coach Mike Yeo said there’s “nothing remotely wrong” with Backstrom, who re-signed with the team this offseason.
Things are murkier for Harding, as Yeo simply stated that he hopes Harding is merely under the weather rather than suffering the effects of multiple sclerosis.
Again, as of this moment, it doesn’t sound like an absolutely dire situation. Still, it doesn’t seem like the ideal outlook heading into the beginning of a new season, either.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)