Sep 28, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The early word indicates that both situations might not be that big of a deal, but both Minnesota Wild goalies Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding don’t seem like they’re at full strength as of Saturday.
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Backstrom, 35, was held out of Minnesota’s Friday preseason game against the St. Louis Blues with soreness while Harding, 29, felt sick late in that game.
The good news is that head coach Mike Yeo said there’s “nothing remotely wrong” with Backstrom, who re-signed with the team this offseason.
Things are murkier for Harding, as Yeo simply stated that he hopes Harding is merely under the weather rather than suffering the effects of multiple sclerosis.
Again, as of this moment, it doesn’t sound like an absolutely dire situation. Still, it doesn’t seem like the ideal outlook heading into the beginning of a new season, either.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)