Sep 28, 2013, 12:27 AM EDT
It was a familiar Daniel Alfredsson goal. Just scored in a different jersey and different arena.
Alfredsson blasted a slap shot past Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, giving the Red Wings a two-goal lead early in the third period of Friday’s exhibition game.
Friday also marked Alfredsson’s first game in Detroit as a member of the Red Wings. He had been hampered by a groin injury for the past 10 days. He finished the night with two points.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)