Sep 28, 2013, 12:27 AM EDT
It was a familiar Daniel Alfredsson goal. Just scored in a different jersey and different arena.
Alfredsson blasted a slap shot past Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, giving the Red Wings a two-goal lead early in the third period of Friday’s exhibition game.
Friday also marked Alfredsson’s first game in Detroit as a member of the Red Wings. He had been hampered by a groin injury for the past 10 days. He finished the night with two points.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)