Sep 28, 2013, 12:27 AM EDT
It was a familiar Daniel Alfredsson goal. Just scored in a different jersey and different arena.
Alfredsson blasted a slap shot past Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, giving the Red Wings a two-goal lead early in the third period of Friday’s exhibition game.
Friday also marked Alfredsson’s first game in Detroit as a member of the Red Wings. He had been hampered by a groin injury for the past 10 days. He finished the night with two points.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54