Sep 28, 2013, 7:43 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have been bitten lately by the injury bug as Tomas Vokoun (blood clot) and now Kris Letang (lower body) are each out indefinitely. That could open the door for them to add some forward help, however.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports if the Penguins put one or both players on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), that would give them the salary cap space to add Chuck Kobasew.
Kobasew is in Pens camp on a professional tryout and they’ve liked what they’ve seen from him this far. The Pens may need help on their fourth line and his veteran skills could give them better depth up front. If Matt D’Agostini isn’t ready to start the season, he’s been slowed down by a lower body issue, Kobasew could slip into his spot.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62