Sep 28, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
Concern about a possible Dustin Byfuglien injury appears to be subsiding compared to earlier in the night.
The Winnipeg Jets defenseman left Friday’s exhibition game against the Boston Bruins with what seemed to be a leg injury.
However, according to what coach Claude Noel told the media, that is not the case.
“He’s fine,” Noel said, according to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun. Byfuglien’s struggles were, as per Noel and reported by Wiebe, due to cramping.
Byfuglien, 28, is coming off a 2013 campaign in which he scored eight goals and had 28 points in 43 games played.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7