Sep 28, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
You can officially add another youngster to the New York Islanders’ stockpile on the blue line.
The team announced the signing of 2013 first-round pick Ryan Pulock to his three-year, entry-level contract. He was the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft.
Pulock joins 2012 fourth overall pick Griffin Reinhart and 2009 first-rounder Calvin de Haan in the stable of prospects on the Isles defense. Throw in Travis Hamonic (2008 second round) who’s already established himself in the league and you begin to understand why people like where the team is headed.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)