Sep 28, 2013, 6:57 PM EST
You can officially add another youngster to the New York Islanders’ stockpile on the blue line.
The team announced the signing of 2013 first-round pick Ryan Pulock to his three-year, entry-level contract. He was the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft.
Pulock joins 2012 fourth overall pick Griffin Reinhart and 2009 first-rounder Calvin de Haan in the stable of prospects on the Isles defense. Throw in Travis Hamonic (2008 second round) who’s already established himself in the league and you begin to understand why people like where the team is headed.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)