Sep 28, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
You can officially add another youngster to the New York Islanders’ stockpile on the blue line.
The team announced the signing of 2013 first-round pick Ryan Pulock to his three-year, entry-level contract. He was the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft.
Pulock joins 2012 fourth overall pick Griffin Reinhart and 2009 first-rounder Calvin de Haan in the stable of prospects on the Isles defense. Throw in Travis Hamonic (2008 second round) who’s already established himself in the league and you begin to understand why people like where the team is headed.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 5
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)