Sep 28, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The 28-year-old winger is known for throwing his body around, so his expectations make a lot of sense.
“It’s good. It felt pretty good for a week or so now, and getting into the on-ice stuff,” Brown said. “Tonight, I think, will be good just to get hit and hit, just get the body ready for the next 82 games. The only thing I feel is probably the bruising is still there, but it’s just like any other bruise. It’s going to hurt until it’s gone. But the actual muscle feels good.”
Looking forward to checking opponents and receiving checks is a natural hockey concept, isn’t it?
Brown has only missed four games combined in the last five seasons, but we’ll see if his physical style will finally start to catch up with him.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 42
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 31
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)