Sep 28, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The 28-year-old winger is known for throwing his body around, so his expectations make a lot of sense.
“It’s good. It felt pretty good for a week or so now, and getting into the on-ice stuff,” Brown said. “Tonight, I think, will be good just to get hit and hit, just get the body ready for the next 82 games. The only thing I feel is probably the bruising is still there, but it’s just like any other bruise. It’s going to hurt until it’s gone. But the actual muscle feels good.”
Looking forward to checking opponents and receiving checks is a natural hockey concept, isn’t it?
Brown has only missed four games combined in the last five seasons, but we’ll see if his physical style will finally start to catch up with him.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)