Sep 28, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The 28-year-old winger is known for throwing his body around, so his expectations make a lot of sense.
“It’s good. It felt pretty good for a week or so now, and getting into the on-ice stuff,” Brown said. “Tonight, I think, will be good just to get hit and hit, just get the body ready for the next 82 games. The only thing I feel is probably the bruising is still there, but it’s just like any other bruise. It’s going to hurt until it’s gone. But the actual muscle feels good.”
Looking forward to checking opponents and receiving checks is a natural hockey concept, isn’t it?
Brown has only missed four games combined in the last five seasons, but we’ll see if his physical style will finally start to catch up with him.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)