Sep 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
With all the drama about who’s coming in and out of the New Jersey Devils’ fold, it’s easy to forget about a quality forward like Patrik Elias. The team needs him on the ice to prove doubters wrong in 2013-14, so word from the Bergen Record that he’s sitting out a third consecutive day to heal up a sore groin is a little troubling.
The 37-year-old skipped Thursday’s preseason-ending exhibition and practice on both Friday and Saturday to recover. He was bothered by the injury earlier in training camp, as well.
It seems that head coach Peter DeBoer is using his own code for injuries, calling Elias’ absence “maintenance resting.”
Also good news: Jaromir Jagr practiced today.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)