Sep 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
With all the drama about who’s coming in and out of the New Jersey Devils’ fold, it’s easy to forget about a quality forward like Patrik Elias. The team needs him on the ice to prove doubters wrong in 2013-14, so word from the Bergen Record that he’s sitting out a third consecutive day to heal up a sore groin is a little troubling.
The 37-year-old skipped Thursday’s preseason-ending exhibition and practice on both Friday and Saturday to recover. He was bothered by the injury earlier in training camp, as well.
It seems that head coach Peter DeBoer is using his own code for injuries, calling Elias’ absence “maintenance resting.”
Also good news: Jaromir Jagr practiced today.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)