Sep 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
With all the drama about who’s coming in and out of the New Jersey Devils’ fold, it’s easy to forget about a quality forward like Patrik Elias. The team needs him on the ice to prove doubters wrong in 2013-14, so word from the Bergen Record that he’s sitting out a third consecutive day to heal up a sore groin is a little troubling.
The 37-year-old skipped Thursday’s preseason-ending exhibition and practice on both Friday and Saturday to recover. He was bothered by the injury earlier in training camp, as well.
It seems that head coach Peter DeBoer is using his own code for injuries, calling Elias’ absence “maintenance resting.”
Also good news: Jaromir Jagr practiced today.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)