Sep 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
With all the drama about who’s coming in and out of the New Jersey Devils’ fold, it’s easy to forget about a quality forward like Patrik Elias. The team needs him on the ice to prove doubters wrong in 2013-14, so word from the Bergen Record that he’s sitting out a third consecutive day to heal up a sore groin is a little troubling.
The 37-year-old skipped Thursday’s preseason-ending exhibition and practice on both Friday and Saturday to recover. He was bothered by the injury earlier in training camp, as well.
It seems that head coach Peter DeBoer is using his own code for injuries, calling Elias’ absence “maintenance resting.”
Also good news: Jaromir Jagr practiced today.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7