Sep 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
With all the drama about who’s coming in and out of the New Jersey Devils’ fold, it’s easy to forget about a quality forward like Patrik Elias. The team needs him on the ice to prove doubters wrong in 2013-14, so word from the Bergen Record that he’s sitting out a third consecutive day to heal up a sore groin is a little troubling.
The 37-year-old skipped Thursday’s preseason-ending exhibition and practice on both Friday and Saturday to recover. He was bothered by the injury earlier in training camp, as well.
It seems that head coach Peter DeBoer is using his own code for injuries, calling Elias’ absence “maintenance resting.”
Also good news: Jaromir Jagr practiced today.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)