Sep 28, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Corey Crawford won’t play for the Chicago Blackhawks as originally planned on Saturday, but the good news is that he should be able to start in the team’s season-opener on Tuesday, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
#Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford has “stiffness” in his lower body. (I’ll pause so you can stop giggling.) Q says he’s fine for the opener.
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) September 28, 2013
The thought of the 28-year-old missing substantial time isn’t really snickering on the playground material. One cannot help but wonder if Chicago’s title defense might rest on the health and productivity of Crawford, especially those who believe that Nikolai Khabibulin is past his due date.
Luckily for ‘Hawks fans, they won’t have to face that proposition yet.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)