Sep 28, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Corey Crawford won’t play for the Chicago Blackhawks as originally planned on Saturday, but the good news is that he should be able to start in the team’s season-opener on Tuesday, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
#Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford has “stiffness” in his lower body. (I’ll pause so you can stop giggling.) Q says he’s fine for the opener.
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) September 28, 2013
The thought of the 28-year-old missing substantial time isn’t really snickering on the playground material. One cannot help but wonder if Chicago’s title defense might rest on the health and productivity of Crawford, especially those who believe that Nikolai Khabibulin is past his due date.
Luckily for ‘Hawks fans, they won’t have to face that proposition yet.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 21
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)