Sep 28, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Corey Crawford won’t play for the Chicago Blackhawks as originally planned on Saturday, but the good news is that he should be able to start in the team’s season-opener on Tuesday, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
#Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford has “stiffness” in his lower body. (I’ll pause so you can stop giggling.) Q says he’s fine for the opener.
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) September 28, 2013
The thought of the 28-year-old missing substantial time isn’t really snickering on the playground material. One cannot help but wonder if Chicago’s title defense might rest on the health and productivity of Crawford, especially those who believe that Nikolai Khabibulin is past his due date.
Luckily for ‘Hawks fans, they won’t have to face that proposition yet.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)