Sep 28, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Corey Crawford won’t play for the Chicago Blackhawks as originally planned on Saturday, but the good news is that he should be able to start in the team’s season-opener on Tuesday, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
#Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford has “stiffness” in his lower body. (I’ll pause so you can stop giggling.) Q says he’s fine for the opener.
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) September 28, 2013
The thought of the 28-year-old missing substantial time isn’t really snickering on the playground material. One cannot help but wonder if Chicago’s title defense might rest on the health and productivity of Crawford, especially those who believe that Nikolai Khabibulin is past his due date.
Luckily for ‘Hawks fans, they won’t have to face that proposition yet.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)