Sep 27, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin has a pair of goals for the Washington Capitals tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers, and although the one featured in the video isn’t a jaw-dropping highlight, it’s notable nonetheless.
For Ovechkin, it’s his fourth goal of the pre-season. Interesting in that all four of his goals have come on the power play, according to Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington.
Ovechkin, typically lined up on the left side to let go of that booming off-wing slap shot, has always been a threat with the man advantage. Although, he’s coming off a strong 2013 lockout-shortened season when he scored 16 power play goals.
It was the first time since 2008-09 he’s hit that mark or better.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)