Sep 27, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin has a pair of goals for the Washington Capitals tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers, and although the one featured in the video isn’t a jaw-dropping highlight, it’s notable nonetheless.
For Ovechkin, it’s his fourth goal of the pre-season. Interesting in that all four of his goals have come on the power play, according to Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington.
Ovechkin, typically lined up on the left side to let go of that booming off-wing slap shot, has always been a threat with the man advantage. Although, he’s coming off a strong 2013 lockout-shortened season when he scored 16 power play goals.
It was the first time since 2008-09 he’s hit that mark or better.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14