Sep 27, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin has a pair of goals for the Washington Capitals tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers, and although the one featured in the video isn’t a jaw-dropping highlight, it’s notable nonetheless.
For Ovechkin, it’s his fourth goal of the pre-season. Interesting in that all four of his goals have come on the power play, according to Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington.
Ovechkin, typically lined up on the left side to let go of that booming off-wing slap shot, has always been a threat with the man advantage. Although, he’s coming off a strong 2013 lockout-shortened season when he scored 16 power play goals.
It was the first time since 2008-09 he’s hit that mark or better.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 1
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 7
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 30
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46