Sep 27, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin has a pair of goals for the Washington Capitals tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers, and although the one featured in the video isn’t a jaw-dropping highlight, it’s notable nonetheless.
For Ovechkin, it’s his fourth goal of the pre-season. Interesting in that all four of his goals have come on the power play, according to Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington.
Ovechkin, typically lined up on the left side to let go of that booming off-wing slap shot, has always been a threat with the man advantage. Although, he’s coming off a strong 2013 lockout-shortened season when he scored 16 power play goals.
It was the first time since 2008-09 he’s hit that mark or better.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)