Sep 27, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
Visiting his former team in Vancouver might have been special for New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault, but Thursday’s preseason game probably didn’t generate the same warm and fuzzy feelings (aside from the video tribute).
Henrik Lunqvist probably feels worse than his coach as the Swede allowed five goals on just 17 shots in two periods of play while Roberto Luongo looked awfully strong in that Canucks uniform, pitching a 40-save shutout.
Ultimately, this game will be forgotten pretty quickly, especially since these teams will meet in two regular season games. Still, Tortorella probably didn’t mind handing it to the team that fired him this past summer.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18