Sep 27, 2013, 12:41 AM EST
Visiting his former team in Vancouver might have been special for New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault, but Thursday’s preseason game probably didn’t generate the same warm and fuzzy feelings (aside from the video tribute).
Henrik Lunqvist probably feels worse than his coach as the Swede allowed five goals on just 17 shots in two periods of play while Roberto Luongo looked awfully strong in that Canucks uniform, pitching a 40-save shutout.
Ultimately, this game will be forgotten pretty quickly, especially since these teams will meet in two regular season games. Still, Tortorella probably didn’t mind handing it to the team that fired him this past summer.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)