Sep 27, 2013, 12:41 AM EST
Visiting his former team in Vancouver might have been special for New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault, but Thursday’s preseason game probably didn’t generate the same warm and fuzzy feelings (aside from the video tribute).
Henrik Lunqvist probably feels worse than his coach as the Swede allowed five goals on just 17 shots in two periods of play while Roberto Luongo looked awfully strong in that Canucks uniform, pitching a 40-save shutout.
Ultimately, this game will be forgotten pretty quickly, especially since these teams will meet in two regular season games. Still, Tortorella probably didn’t mind handing it to the team that fired him this past summer.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)