Sep 27, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
There was injury news to come from the Buffalo Sabres, after they were shut out by the Carolina Hurricanes in exhibition play Friday.
Nikita Zadorov, the Sabres’ first-round pick, 16th overall, in this year’s NHL Draft, suffered a hand injury blocking a shot, as per the Sabres official Twitter account following the game, and will be re-evaluated.
The Sabres appear very high on Zadorov and that goes beyond just his draft status. By all accounts, he has enjoyed a strong training camp and pre-season with Buffalo.
Two days ago, the Sabres signed Zadorov – the towering six-foot-five-inch Russian defenseman, to an entry-level contract.
The Sabres did also have the option of sending Zadorov back to the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League so as not to use up the first year of his contract.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 25
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 53
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)