Sep 27, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
There was injury news to come from the Buffalo Sabres, after they were shut out by the Carolina Hurricanes in exhibition play Friday.
Nikita Zadorov, the Sabres’ first-round pick, 16th overall, in this year’s NHL Draft, suffered a hand injury blocking a shot, as per the Sabres official Twitter account following the game, and will be re-evaluated.
The Sabres appear very high on Zadorov and that goes beyond just his draft status. By all accounts, he has enjoyed a strong training camp and pre-season with Buffalo.
Two days ago, the Sabres signed Zadorov – the towering six-foot-five-inch Russian defenseman, to an entry-level contract.
The Sabres did also have the option of sending Zadorov back to the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League so as not to use up the first year of his contract.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)