Sep 27, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
There was injury news to come from the Buffalo Sabres, after they were shut out by the Carolina Hurricanes in exhibition play Friday.
Nikita Zadorov, the Sabres’ first-round pick, 16th overall, in this year’s NHL Draft, suffered a hand injury blocking a shot, as per the Sabres official Twitter account following the game, and will be re-evaluated.
The Sabres appear very high on Zadorov and that goes beyond just his draft status. By all accounts, he has enjoyed a strong training camp and pre-season with Buffalo.
Two days ago, the Sabres signed Zadorov – the towering six-foot-five-inch Russian defenseman, to an entry-level contract.
The Sabres did also have the option of sending Zadorov back to the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League so as not to use up the first year of his contract.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17