Sep 27, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers played like, well, we can’t actually say what they played like Friday.
The Oilers lost on home ice by a score of 4-0 to the Dallas Stars, and still new head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t hold back his opinion of his team’s effort.
“That wasn’t very good… for some reason we didn’t want to shoot the puck… it’s a good lesson for our team,” Eakins said, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
“It’s good to let our team know that our diapers do stink… Sometimes it’s good to get a kick in the butt.”
The Oilers open up the regular season against the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)