Sep 27, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers played like, well, we can’t actually say what they played like Friday.
The Oilers lost on home ice by a score of 4-0 to the Dallas Stars, and still new head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t hold back his opinion of his team’s effort.
“That wasn’t very good… for some reason we didn’t want to shoot the puck… it’s a good lesson for our team,” Eakins said, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
“It’s good to let our team know that our diapers do stink… Sometimes it’s good to get a kick in the butt.”
The Oilers open up the regular season against the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7