Sep 27, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers played like, well, we can’t actually say what they played like Friday.
The Oilers lost on home ice by a score of 4-0 to the Dallas Stars, and still new head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t hold back his opinion of his team’s effort.
“That wasn’t very good… for some reason we didn’t want to shoot the puck… it’s a good lesson for our team,” Eakins said, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
“It’s good to let our team know that our diapers do stink… Sometimes it’s good to get a kick in the butt.”
The Oilers open up the regular season against the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 54
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)