Sep 27, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers played like, well, we can’t actually say what they played like Friday.
The Oilers lost on home ice by a score of 4-0 to the Dallas Stars, and still new head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t hold back his opinion of his team’s effort.
“That wasn’t very good… for some reason we didn’t want to shoot the puck… it’s a good lesson for our team,” Eakins said, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
“It’s good to let our team know that our diapers do stink… Sometimes it’s good to get a kick in the butt.”
The Oilers open up the regular season against the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)