Sep 27, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers played like, well, we can’t actually say what they played like Friday.
The Oilers lost on home ice by a score of 4-0 to the Dallas Stars, and still new head coach Dallas Eakins didn’t hold back his opinion of his team’s effort.
“That wasn’t very good… for some reason we didn’t want to shoot the puck… it’s a good lesson for our team,” Eakins said, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
“It’s good to let our team know that our diapers do stink… Sometimes it’s good to get a kick in the butt.”
The Oilers open up the regular season against the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6