Sep 27, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Fans in Detroit will finally get their first look at Daniel Alfredsson tonight.
Alfredsson has been nagged by a pulled groin since September 17 but he’ll be in the lineup for the Red Wings against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Joe Louis Arena. Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports Alfie can’t wait to get back into action.
“It feels good to get into a game,” Alfredsson said. “It’s going to be exciting to play in this building for the first time (as a Red Wing).”
For Detroit, getting things right before the start of the season is of the utmost importance as they’ve struggled finding chemistry with their lines early on. They’ll get to try and figure that out tonight and tomorrow against Toronto.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)