Sep 27, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Fans in Detroit will finally get their first look at Daniel Alfredsson tonight.
Alfredsson has been nagged by a pulled groin since September 17 but he’ll be in the lineup for the Red Wings against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Joe Louis Arena. Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports Alfie can’t wait to get back into action.
“It feels good to get into a game,” Alfredsson said. “It’s going to be exciting to play in this building for the first time (as a Red Wing).”
For Detroit, getting things right before the start of the season is of the utmost importance as they’ve struggled finding chemistry with their lines early on. They’ll get to try and figure that out tonight and tomorrow against Toronto.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)