Sep 27, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Fans in Detroit will finally get their first look at Daniel Alfredsson tonight.
Alfredsson has been nagged by a pulled groin since September 17 but he’ll be in the lineup for the Red Wings against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Joe Louis Arena. Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports Alfie can’t wait to get back into action.
“It feels good to get into a game,” Alfredsson said. “It’s going to be exciting to play in this building for the first time (as a Red Wing).”
For Detroit, getting things right before the start of the season is of the utmost importance as they’ve struggled finding chemistry with their lines early on. They’ll get to try and figure that out tonight and tomorrow against Toronto.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11