Sep 26, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Normally, a Florida Panthers – Tampa Bay Lightning preseason game is only interesting if there are injuries or humiliating crowds. Thursday’s exhibition is a big exception, however, as Tim Thomas will make his Panthers debut tonight.
Thomas, 39, hasn’t experienced NHL competition since the Boston Bruins were eliminated by the Washington Capitals 2-1 in OT of Game 7 of a first-round series on April 25, 2012.
Being that this is a preseason contest, there’s no telling if Thomas will get a full 60 minutes of reps. It’s common for goalies to trade off periods. Of course, considering his rust and how close the regular season is, they might want to throw the veteran out for a full contest.
Either way, PHT will be keeping tabs on his night.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)