Sep 26, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Normally, a Florida Panthers – Tampa Bay Lightning preseason game is only interesting if there are injuries or humiliating crowds. Thursday’s exhibition is a big exception, however, as Tim Thomas will make his Panthers debut tonight.
Thomas, 39, hasn’t experienced NHL competition since the Boston Bruins were eliminated by the Washington Capitals 2-1 in OT of Game 7 of a first-round series on April 25, 2012.
Being that this is a preseason contest, there’s no telling if Thomas will get a full 60 minutes of reps. It’s common for goalies to trade off periods. Of course, considering his rust and how close the regular season is, they might want to throw the veteran out for a full contest.
Either way, PHT will be keeping tabs on his night.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)