Sep 26, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
Normally, a Florida Panthers – Tampa Bay Lightning preseason game is only interesting if there are injuries or humiliating crowds. Thursday’s exhibition is a big exception, however, as Tim Thomas will make his Panthers debut tonight.
Thomas, 39, hasn’t experienced NHL competition since the Boston Bruins were eliminated by the Washington Capitals 2-1 in OT of Game 7 of a first-round series on April 25, 2012.
Being that this is a preseason contest, there’s no telling if Thomas will get a full 60 minutes of reps. It’s common for goalies to trade off periods. Of course, considering his rust and how close the regular season is, they might want to throw the veteran out for a full contest.
Either way, PHT will be keeping tabs on his night.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 14
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)