Sep 26, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Normally, a Florida Panthers – Tampa Bay Lightning preseason game is only interesting if there are injuries or humiliating crowds. Thursday’s exhibition is a big exception, however, as Tim Thomas will make his Panthers debut tonight.
Thomas, 39, hasn’t experienced NHL competition since the Boston Bruins were eliminated by the Washington Capitals 2-1 in OT of Game 7 of a first-round series on April 25, 2012.
Being that this is a preseason contest, there’s no telling if Thomas will get a full 60 minutes of reps. It’s common for goalies to trade off periods. Of course, considering his rust and how close the regular season is, they might want to throw the veteran out for a full contest.
Either way, PHT will be keeping tabs on his night.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 10
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)