Sep 26, 2013, 10:54 PM EST
Winnipeg Jets prospect Mark Scheifele is at an interesting fork in the road: he could very well be the team’s second-line center or he might not even make the team. Perhaps he should just play this goal from Thursday’s 3-2 OT preseason loss to the Boston Bruins on a loop to convince the Jets’ brass:
The Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless believes that Scheifele, 20, cemented his status with the Jets – including possibly edging Olli Jokinen for that second pivot spot – and that Jacob Trouba could be full-time, too.
My take – scheifele and Trouba cemented jobs with #nhljets tonight. Jokinen has been given every chance to win 2nd line C. Scheifele wins it
— gary lawless (@garylawless) September 27, 2013
We’ll find out soon enough.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 19
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33