Sep 26, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets prospect Mark Scheifele is at an interesting fork in the road: he could very well be the team’s second-line center or he might not even make the team. Perhaps he should just play this goal from Thursday’s 3-2 OT preseason loss to the Boston Bruins on a loop to convince the Jets’ brass:
The Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless believes that Scheifele, 20, cemented his status with the Jets – including possibly edging Olli Jokinen for that second pivot spot – and that Jacob Trouba could be full-time, too.
My take – scheifele and Trouba cemented jobs with #nhljets tonight. Jokinen has been given every chance to win 2nd line C. Scheifele wins it
— gary lawless (@garylawless) September 27, 2013
We’ll find out soon enough.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34