Sep 26, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets prospect Mark Scheifele is at an interesting fork in the road: he could very well be the team’s second-line center or he might not even make the team. Perhaps he should just play this goal from Thursday’s 3-2 OT preseason loss to the Boston Bruins on a loop to convince the Jets’ brass:
The Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless believes that Scheifele, 20, cemented his status with the Jets – including possibly edging Olli Jokinen for that second pivot spot – and that Jacob Trouba could be full-time, too.
My take – scheifele and Trouba cemented jobs with #nhljets tonight. Jokinen has been given every chance to win 2nd line C. Scheifele wins it
— gary lawless (@garylawless) September 27, 2013
We’ll find out soon enough.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5