Sep 26, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com reports the rugged forward will be out 3-4 months after having surgery to repair the torn ligament. Sharks GM Doug Wilson offered an encouraging update.
“Raffi’s surgery went very well and we look forward to having him back in our line-up later this season,” said Wilson.
The new diagnosis puts the Sharks in a bit of a hole as Torres had been getting spins with their top two lines for a bit in preseason. While he’s normally a third line agitator, he’s tried to apply more of his skill in San Jose.
Now the Sharks will potentially add Anthony Stewart into the fold to fill his spot in the lineup.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (82)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)