Sep 26, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
We’re eagerly anticipating the start of the 2013-14 campaign and to tie into that, NBCSN is launching two new programs.
Many of you will remember that every Wednesday last season was Rivalry Night on NBCSN and that will be back with a match against the Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 2. However, this season NBCSN is taking that a step forward.
On Tuesday Oct. 9 at 10:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN will debut a new weekly program called NHL Rivals, which goes into the history of the following night’s rivalry match. The first episode will look at the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues before you see them compete at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday Oct. 10. If you miss NHL Rivals on Tuesdays, there will be an encore presentation of it at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesdays.
Following NHL Rivals, will be NHL Top 10 at 11:00 p.m. ET. As the name implies, it will be a countdown show with the goal of analyzing some of the greatest hockey debates. The topics will be varied and include things like the top Olympic moments and greatest goal scorers.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12