Sep 26, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
We’re eagerly anticipating the start of the 2013-14 campaign and to tie into that, NBCSN is launching two new programs.
Many of you will remember that every Wednesday last season was Rivalry Night on NBCSN and that will be back with a match against the Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 2. However, this season NBCSN is taking that a step forward.
On Tuesday Oct. 9 at 10:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN will debut a new weekly program called NHL Rivals, which goes into the history of the following night’s rivalry match. The first episode will look at the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues before you see them compete at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday Oct. 10. If you miss NHL Rivals on Tuesdays, there will be an encore presentation of it at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesdays.
Following NHL Rivals, will be NHL Top 10 at 11:00 p.m. ET. As the name implies, it will be a countdown show with the goal of analyzing some of the greatest hockey debates. The topics will be varied and include things like the top Olympic moments and greatest goal scorers.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8