Sep 26, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
We’re eagerly anticipating the start of the 2013-14 campaign and to tie into that, NBCSN is launching two new programs.
Many of you will remember that every Wednesday last season was Rivalry Night on NBCSN and that will be back with a match against the Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 2. However, this season NBCSN is taking that a step forward.
On Tuesday Oct. 9 at 10:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN will debut a new weekly program called NHL Rivals, which goes into the history of the following night’s rivalry match. The first episode will look at the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues before you see them compete at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday Oct. 10. If you miss NHL Rivals on Tuesdays, there will be an encore presentation of it at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesdays.
Following NHL Rivals, will be NHL Top 10 at 11:00 p.m. ET. As the name implies, it will be a countdown show with the goal of analyzing some of the greatest hockey debates. The topics will be varied and include things like the top Olympic moments and greatest goal scorers.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54