Sep 26, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
We’re eagerly anticipating the start of the 2013-14 campaign and to tie into that, NBCSN is launching two new programs.
Many of you will remember that every Wednesday last season was Rivalry Night on NBCSN and that will be back with a match against the Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 2. However, this season NBCSN is taking that a step forward.
On Tuesday Oct. 9 at 10:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN will debut a new weekly program called NHL Rivals, which goes into the history of the following night’s rivalry match. The first episode will look at the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues before you see them compete at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday Oct. 10. If you miss NHL Rivals on Tuesdays, there will be an encore presentation of it at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesdays.
Following NHL Rivals, will be NHL Top 10 at 11:00 p.m. ET. As the name implies, it will be a countdown show with the goal of analyzing some of the greatest hockey debates. The topics will be varied and include things like the top Olympic moments and greatest goal scorers.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)