Sep 26, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils’ final preseason game is going on right now, but Jaromir Jagr isn’t playing thanks to his lingering soreness. The good news is that he told the team’s Web site he could play Thursday if it was a regular season game and doesn’t believe that missed time will hurt him.
(Jagr’s entertaining in goofy giggle mode, isn’t he?)
Anyway, the 41-year-old seems confident that he’ll adjust, even if he admits that the speed of the season’s first meaningful game might be overwhelming.
He hasn’t had much trouble adapting to new locales and teammates yet, so we shall see.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17