Sep 26, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils’ final preseason game is going on right now, but Jaromir Jagr isn’t playing thanks to his lingering soreness. The good news is that he told the team’s Web site he could play Thursday if it was a regular season game and doesn’t believe that missed time will hurt him.
(Jagr’s entertaining in goofy giggle mode, isn’t he?)
Anyway, the 41-year-old seems confident that he’ll adjust, even if he admits that the speed of the season’s first meaningful game might be overwhelming.
He hasn’t had much trouble adapting to new locales and teammates yet, so we shall see.
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 1
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 3
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 7
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)