Sep 26, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils’ final preseason game is going on right now, but Jaromir Jagr isn’t playing thanks to his lingering soreness. The good news is that he told the team’s Web site he could play Thursday if it was a regular season game and doesn’t believe that missed time will hurt him.
(Jagr’s entertaining in goofy giggle mode, isn’t he?)
Anyway, the 41-year-old seems confident that he’ll adjust, even if he admits that the speed of the season’s first meaningful game might be overwhelming.
He hasn’t had much trouble adapting to new locales and teammates yet, so we shall see.
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 0
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 6
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)