Sep 26, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils’ final preseason game is going on right now, but Jaromir Jagr isn’t playing thanks to his lingering soreness. The good news is that he told the team’s Web site he could play Thursday if it was a regular season game and doesn’t believe that missed time will hurt him.
(Jagr’s entertaining in goofy giggle mode, isn’t he?)
Anyway, the 41-year-old seems confident that he’ll adjust, even if he admits that the speed of the season’s first meaningful game might be overwhelming.
He hasn’t had much trouble adapting to new locales and teammates yet, so we shall see.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 7
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)