Sep 26, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils’ final preseason game is going on right now, but Jaromir Jagr isn’t playing thanks to his lingering soreness. The good news is that he told the team’s Web site he could play Thursday if it was a regular season game and doesn’t believe that missed time will hurt him.
(Jagr’s entertaining in goofy giggle mode, isn’t he?)
Anyway, the 41-year-old seems confident that he’ll adjust, even if he admits that the speed of the season’s first meaningful game might be overwhelming.
He hasn’t had much trouble adapting to new locales and teammates yet, so we shall see.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 34
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)