Sep 26, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils’ final preseason game is going on right now, but Jaromir Jagr isn’t playing thanks to his lingering soreness. The good news is that he told the team’s Web site he could play Thursday if it was a regular season game and doesn’t believe that missed time will hurt him.
(Jagr’s entertaining in goofy giggle mode, isn’t he?)
Anyway, the 41-year-old seems confident that he’ll adjust, even if he admits that the speed of the season’s first meaningful game might be overwhelming.
He hasn’t had much trouble adapting to new locales and teammates yet, so we shall see.
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 0
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 10
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 22
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 7
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 10
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 55
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 18
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)