Sep 26, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
Carolina’s Jeff Skinner won’t be seeing any more ice time in the preseason.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer reports Skinner will miss the team’s final two preseason games thanks to a lower body injury. Coach Kirk Muller is trying to play it cool with his young star.
“We just want to be smart and not push him,” Muller said.
Skinner labored through last season with a concussion and his play appeared to suffer after his return from it. Now with this issue popping up late in camp, those in Carolina have to be a bit nervous about how well he’ll start the season. He isn’t alone on the injury list for the Hurricanes though.
Forwards Elias Lindholm, Tuomo Ruutu, and Alexander Semin along with defenseman Tim Gleason are all banged up. That’s potentially three out of their top six forwards and a top-pair defenseman all hurting.
If Carolina is going to compete in the Metropolitan Division they’re going to need everyone at 100 percent. File that under: Duh.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)