Sep 26, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
Carolina’s Jeff Skinner won’t be seeing any more ice time in the preseason.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer reports Skinner will miss the team’s final two preseason games thanks to a lower body injury. Coach Kirk Muller is trying to play it cool with his young star.
“We just want to be smart and not push him,” Muller said.
Skinner labored through last season with a concussion and his play appeared to suffer after his return from it. Now with this issue popping up late in camp, those in Carolina have to be a bit nervous about how well he’ll start the season. He isn’t alone on the injury list for the Hurricanes though.
Forwards Elias Lindholm, Tuomo Ruutu, and Alexander Semin along with defenseman Tim Gleason are all banged up. That’s potentially three out of their top six forwards and a top-pair defenseman all hurting.
If Carolina is going to compete in the Metropolitan Division they’re going to need everyone at 100 percent. File that under: Duh.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)