Sep 26, 2013, 4:43 PM EST
Carolina’s Jeff Skinner won’t be seeing any more ice time in the preseason.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer reports Skinner will miss the team’s final two preseason games thanks to a lower body injury. Coach Kirk Muller is trying to play it cool with his young star.
“We just want to be smart and not push him,” Muller said.
Skinner labored through last season with a concussion and his play appeared to suffer after his return from it. Now with this issue popping up late in camp, those in Carolina have to be a bit nervous about how well he’ll start the season. He isn’t alone on the injury list for the Hurricanes though.
Forwards Elias Lindholm, Tuomo Ruutu, and Alexander Semin along with defenseman Tim Gleason are all banged up. That’s potentially three out of their top six forwards and a top-pair defenseman all hurting.
If Carolina is going to compete in the Metropolitan Division they’re going to need everyone at 100 percent. File that under: Duh.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 21
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11