Sep 25, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
It’s foolish to read too much into any preseason result, especially if one team dresses its best players while the other team gives marquee names a rest. If nothing else, the Pittsburgh Penguins beating the Detroit Red Wings 5-1 on Wednesday drove a few points home:
- Sidney Crosby is probably ready to go and his line with Pascal Dupuis and Chris Kunitz could remain very dangerous.
- Pulling the Dominik Hasek darting up the ice to cut off a breakaway move is easier said than done.
- The NHL should be very happy that the Penguins and Red Wings reside in the same conference.
More Pittsburgh-Detroit should be fun, huh?
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)