Sep 25, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
It’s foolish to read too much into any preseason result, especially if one team dresses its best players while the other team gives marquee names a rest. If nothing else, the Pittsburgh Penguins beating the Detroit Red Wings 5-1 on Wednesday drove a few points home:
- Sidney Crosby is probably ready to go and his line with Pascal Dupuis and Chris Kunitz could remain very dangerous.
- Pulling the Dominik Hasek darting up the ice to cut off a breakaway move is easier said than done.
- The NHL should be very happy that the Penguins and Red Wings reside in the same conference.
More Pittsburgh-Detroit should be fun, huh?
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)