Sep 25, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
It’s foolish to read too much into any preseason result, especially if one team dresses its best players while the other team gives marquee names a rest. If nothing else, the Pittsburgh Penguins beating the Detroit Red Wings 5-1 on Wednesday drove a few points home:
- Sidney Crosby is probably ready to go and his line with Pascal Dupuis and Chris Kunitz could remain very dangerous.
- Pulling the Dominik Hasek darting up the ice to cut off a breakaway move is easier said than done.
- The NHL should be very happy that the Penguins and Red Wings reside in the same conference.
More Pittsburgh-Detroit should be fun, huh?
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54