Sep 25, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The fallout from Sunday’s Toronto-Buffalo melee continues.
According to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News, Tropp will miss the next 5-6 weeks.
The fight, which was the tipping point for a line brawl that resulted in over 200 penalty minutes, went like this:
Devane — who, at 6-foot-5, 217 pounds is about five inches and 20 pounds heavier than Tropp — told reporters following the game Tropp was the one that initiated the fight.
That didn’t stop the Sabres from saying they were displeased with out the tilt unfolded:
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) September 23, 2013
According to WGR 550’s Paul Hamilton, Tropp did pass concussion baseline tests.
The 24-year-old looked as though he was in line to make the Sabres out of training camp this year. He had a good 2011-12 season, making his NHL debut while scoring eight points in 34 games, but then suffered a season-ending knee injury during AHL Rochester’s season-opening game in October.
Tampa Bay defenseman Radko Gudas hammered him into the boards late in the third period, at which point Tropp tried to put weight on his leg, but was unable to skate.
Tropp suffered ACL and MCL damage on the play, and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)