Sep 25, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The fallout from Sunday’s Toronto-Buffalo melee continues.
According to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News, Tropp will miss the next 5-6 weeks.
The fight, which was the tipping point for a line brawl that resulted in over 200 penalty minutes, went like this:
Devane — who, at 6-foot-5, 217 pounds is about five inches and 20 pounds heavier than Tropp — told reporters following the game Tropp was the one that initiated the fight.
That didn’t stop the Sabres from saying they were displeased with out the tilt unfolded:
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) September 23, 2013
According to WGR 550′s Paul Hamilton, Tropp did pass concussion baseline tests.
The 24-year-old looked as though he was in line to make the Sabres out of training camp this year. He had a good 2011-12 season, making his NHL debut while scoring eight points in 34 games, but then suffered a season-ending knee injury during AHL Rochester’s season-opening game in October.
Tampa Bay defenseman Radko Gudas hammered him into the boards late in the third period, at which point Tropp tried to put weight on his leg, but was unable to skate.
Tropp suffered ACL and MCL damage on the play, and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)