Sep 25, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The fallout from Sunday’s Toronto-Buffalo melee continues.
According to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News, Tropp will miss the next 5-6 weeks.
The fight, which was the tipping point for a line brawl that resulted in over 200 penalty minutes, went like this:
Devane — who, at 6-foot-5, 217 pounds is about five inches and 20 pounds heavier than Tropp — told reporters following the game Tropp was the one that initiated the fight.
That didn’t stop the Sabres from saying they were displeased with out the tilt unfolded:
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) September 23, 2013
According to WGR 550’s Paul Hamilton, Tropp did pass concussion baseline tests.
The 24-year-old looked as though he was in line to make the Sabres out of training camp this year. He had a good 2011-12 season, making his NHL debut while scoring eight points in 34 games, but then suffered a season-ending knee injury during AHL Rochester’s season-opening game in October.
Tampa Bay defenseman Radko Gudas hammered him into the boards late in the third period, at which point Tropp tried to put weight on his leg, but was unable to skate.
Tropp suffered ACL and MCL damage on the play, and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 62
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15