Sep 25, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The fallout from Sunday’s Toronto-Buffalo melee continues.
According to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News, Tropp will miss the next 5-6 weeks.
The fight, which was the tipping point for a line brawl that resulted in over 200 penalty minutes, went like this:
Devane — who, at 6-foot-5, 217 pounds is about five inches and 20 pounds heavier than Tropp — told reporters following the game Tropp was the one that initiated the fight.
That didn’t stop the Sabres from saying they were displeased with out the tilt unfolded:
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) September 23, 2013
According to WGR 550’s Paul Hamilton, Tropp did pass concussion baseline tests.
The 24-year-old looked as though he was in line to make the Sabres out of training camp this year. He had a good 2011-12 season, making his NHL debut while scoring eight points in 34 games, but then suffered a season-ending knee injury during AHL Rochester’s season-opening game in October.
Tampa Bay defenseman Radko Gudas hammered him into the boards late in the third period, at which point Tropp tried to put weight on his leg, but was unable to skate.
Tropp suffered ACL and MCL damage on the play, and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)