Sep 25, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Nikita Zadorov to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
Big and physical, Zadorov was the 16th overall pick in the 2013 NHL draft, from the London Knights of the OHL.
“Watching Nikita throughout training camp and the preseason has solidified our opinion that he will be a good, young hockey player for our organization going forward,” Sabres general manager Darcy Regier said in a release. “He has exceptional presence on the ice and we look forward to seeing him continue to develop as a player.”
Zadorov is likely to be returned to London before he burns a year of his ELC.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 1
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 9
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 84
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 37
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 57
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)