Sep 25, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Nikita Zadorov to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
Big and physical, Zadorov was the 16th overall pick in the 2013 NHL draft, from the London Knights of the OHL.
“Watching Nikita throughout training camp and the preseason has solidified our opinion that he will be a good, young hockey player for our organization going forward,” Sabres general manager Darcy Regier said in a release. “He has exceptional presence on the ice and we look forward to seeing him continue to develop as a player.”
Zadorov is likely to be returned to London before he burns a year of his ELC.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)