Sep 25, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Nikita Zadorov to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
Big and physical, Zadorov was the 16th overall pick in the 2013 NHL draft, from the London Knights of the OHL.
“Watching Nikita throughout training camp and the preseason has solidified our opinion that he will be a good, young hockey player for our organization going forward,” Sabres general manager Darcy Regier said in a release. “He has exceptional presence on the ice and we look forward to seeing him continue to develop as a player.”
Zadorov is likely to be returned to London before he burns a year of his ELC.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 5
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 6
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)