Sep 25, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Nikita Zadorov to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
Big and physical, Zadorov was the 16th overall pick in the 2013 NHL draft, from the London Knights of the OHL.
“Watching Nikita throughout training camp and the preseason has solidified our opinion that he will be a good, young hockey player for our organization going forward,” Sabres general manager Darcy Regier said in a release. “He has exceptional presence on the ice and we look forward to seeing him continue to develop as a player.”
Zadorov is likely to be returned to London before he burns a year of his ELC.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36