Sep 25, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
One day after losing key addition Viktor Stalberg for up to a month, the Nashville Predators held their breath regarding another important scorer. Patric Hornqvist did indeed suffer a leg injury of some kind on Wednesday, but the good news is that it isn’t a fracture and will probably only limit him day-to-day, according to Preds announcer Stu Grimson.
That’s a big relief because Hornqvist, 26, seems like he’s really starting to pay for all those dirty goals he’s so adept at scoring.
He was limited to 24 regular season games in 2013 but received a lengthy (yet reasonably priced) contract extension anyway. The Predators hope to see him return to that 20-30 goal form he showed from 2009-10 to 2011-12, but that won’t happen if he’s unable to stay on the ice.
Even with all the money they spent this summer, it’s likely that the Predators need Hornqvist to pitch in his share of goals in 2013-14. With that in mind, the Predators really dodged a bullet in their 4-1 preseason loss to the Washington Capitals.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 56
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 34
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)