Sep 25, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
One day after losing key addition Viktor Stalberg for up to a month, the Nashville Predators held their breath regarding another important scorer. Patric Hornqvist did indeed suffer a leg injury of some kind on Wednesday, but the good news is that it isn’t a fracture and will probably only limit him day-to-day, according to Preds announcer Stu Grimson.
That’s a big relief because Hornqvist, 26, seems like he’s really starting to pay for all those dirty goals he’s so adept at scoring.
He was limited to 24 regular season games in 2013 but received a lengthy (yet reasonably priced) contract extension anyway. The Predators hope to see him return to that 20-30 goal form he showed from 2009-10 to 2011-12, but that won’t happen if he’s unable to stay on the ice.
Even with all the money they spent this summer, it’s likely that the Predators need Hornqvist to pitch in his share of goals in 2013-14. With that in mind, the Predators really dodged a bullet in their 4-1 preseason loss to the Washington Capitals.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)