Sep 25, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
One day after losing key addition Viktor Stalberg for up to a month, the Nashville Predators held their breath regarding another important scorer. Patric Hornqvist did indeed suffer a leg injury of some kind on Wednesday, but the good news is that it isn’t a fracture and will probably only limit him day-to-day, according to Preds announcer Stu Grimson.
That’s a big relief because Hornqvist, 26, seems like he’s really starting to pay for all those dirty goals he’s so adept at scoring.
He was limited to 24 regular season games in 2013 but received a lengthy (yet reasonably priced) contract extension anyway. The Predators hope to see him return to that 20-30 goal form he showed from 2009-10 to 2011-12, but that won’t happen if he’s unable to stay on the ice.
Even with all the money they spent this summer, it’s likely that the Predators need Hornqvist to pitch in his share of goals in 2013-14. With that in mind, the Predators really dodged a bullet in their 4-1 preseason loss to the Washington Capitals.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)