Sep 25, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
One day after losing key addition Viktor Stalberg for up to a month, the Nashville Predators held their breath regarding another important scorer. Patric Hornqvist did indeed suffer a leg injury of some kind on Wednesday, but the good news is that it isn’t a fracture and will probably only limit him day-to-day, according to Preds announcer Stu Grimson.
That’s a big relief because Hornqvist, 26, seems like he’s really starting to pay for all those dirty goals he’s so adept at scoring.
He was limited to 24 regular season games in 2013 but received a lengthy (yet reasonably priced) contract extension anyway. The Predators hope to see him return to that 20-30 goal form he showed from 2009-10 to 2011-12, but that won’t happen if he’s unable to stay on the ice.
Even with all the money they spent this summer, it’s likely that the Predators need Hornqvist to pitch in his share of goals in 2013-14. With that in mind, the Predators really dodged a bullet in their 4-1 preseason loss to the Washington Capitals.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63