Sep 25, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown distinguishes himself for throwing his body around* as much as the winger does for scoring goals, yet he’s been remarkably sturdy over the years. So far, his preseason is getting off to a bit of a rocky start with a tweaked hamstring, but it sounds like he’s doing better.
Brown, 28, hit the ice with the Kings for the first time since suffering that injury, the Los Angeles Times reports. The American forward didn’t answer questions about his progress, but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said Brown “feels good.”
Still, he’s not expecting to play in Friday’s preseason contest and Saturday’s exhibition is up in question, too.
“We’ll see how he does the next two days,” Sutter said. “He doesn’t feel it. It’s not bothering him at all. It’s not so much that. He hasn’t had any contact since June. We’ll just kind of gauge it.”
Overall, things are going swimmingly for Brown, really. He’s healing up from that injury, will see a raise from that contract extension in 2014-15 and expects his fourth child to be born sometime Wednesday.
* – Critics might say “flopping around.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)