Sep 25, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown distinguishes himself for throwing his body around* as much as the winger does for scoring goals, yet he’s been remarkably sturdy over the years. So far, his preseason is getting off to a bit of a rocky start with a tweaked hamstring, but it sounds like he’s doing better.
Brown, 28, hit the ice with the Kings for the first time since suffering that injury, the Los Angeles Times reports. The American forward didn’t answer questions about his progress, but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said Brown “feels good.”
Still, he’s not expecting to play in Friday’s preseason contest and Saturday’s exhibition is up in question, too.
“We’ll see how he does the next two days,” Sutter said. “He doesn’t feel it. It’s not bothering him at all. It’s not so much that. He hasn’t had any contact since June. We’ll just kind of gauge it.”
Overall, things are going swimmingly for Brown, really. He’s healing up from that injury, will see a raise from that contract extension in 2014-15 and expects his fourth child to be born sometime Wednesday.
* – Critics might say “flopping around.”
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)