Sep 25, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown distinguishes himself for throwing his body around* as much as the winger does for scoring goals, yet he’s been remarkably sturdy over the years. So far, his preseason is getting off to a bit of a rocky start with a tweaked hamstring, but it sounds like he’s doing better.
Brown, 28, hit the ice with the Kings for the first time since suffering that injury, the Los Angeles Times reports. The American forward didn’t answer questions about his progress, but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said Brown “feels good.”
Still, he’s not expecting to play in Friday’s preseason contest and Saturday’s exhibition is up in question, too.
“We’ll see how he does the next two days,” Sutter said. “He doesn’t feel it. It’s not bothering him at all. It’s not so much that. He hasn’t had any contact since June. We’ll just kind of gauge it.”
Overall, things are going swimmingly for Brown, really. He’s healing up from that injury, will see a raise from that contract extension in 2014-15 and expects his fourth child to be born sometime Wednesday.
* – Critics might say “flopping around.”
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)