Sep 25, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown distinguishes himself for throwing his body around* as much as the winger does for scoring goals, yet he’s been remarkably sturdy over the years. So far, his preseason is getting off to a bit of a rocky start with a tweaked hamstring, but it sounds like he’s doing better.
Brown, 28, hit the ice with the Kings for the first time since suffering that injury, the Los Angeles Times reports. The American forward didn’t answer questions about his progress, but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said Brown “feels good.”
Still, he’s not expecting to play in Friday’s preseason contest and Saturday’s exhibition is up in question, too.
“We’ll see how he does the next two days,” Sutter said. “He doesn’t feel it. It’s not bothering him at all. It’s not so much that. He hasn’t had any contact since June. We’ll just kind of gauge it.”
Overall, things are going swimmingly for Brown, really. He’s healing up from that injury, will see a raise from that contract extension in 2014-15 and expects his fourth child to be born sometime Wednesday.
* – Critics might say “flopping around.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)