Sep 25, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown distinguishes himself for throwing his body around* as much as the winger does for scoring goals, yet he’s been remarkably sturdy over the years. So far, his preseason is getting off to a bit of a rocky start with a tweaked hamstring, but it sounds like he’s doing better.
Brown, 28, hit the ice with the Kings for the first time since suffering that injury, the Los Angeles Times reports. The American forward didn’t answer questions about his progress, but Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said Brown “feels good.”
Still, he’s not expecting to play in Friday’s preseason contest and Saturday’s exhibition is up in question, too.
“We’ll see how he does the next two days,” Sutter said. “He doesn’t feel it. It’s not bothering him at all. It’s not so much that. He hasn’t had any contact since June. We’ll just kind of gauge it.”
Overall, things are going swimmingly for Brown, really. He’s healing up from that injury, will see a raise from that contract extension in 2014-15 and expects his fourth child to be born sometime Wednesday.
* – Critics might say “flopping around.”
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)