Sep 25, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes — featuring new owners! — are encouraging their fans to show up early and tailgate in the parking lot at 17 weekend home games this season.
“We are excited to introduce tailgating prior to all Coyotes weekend home games this season,” said Coyotes president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc in a release. “We are very fortunate to live in a city that has such great weather during the hockey season so we are encouraging fans to come early to our weekend games and enjoy the great atmosphere outside Jobing.com Arena. We are continually looking for new ways to enhance the game experience for our fans.”
Saturday, Oct. 19, versus the Detroit Red Wings is the first tailgating opportunity for ‘Yotes fans. The game starts at 6 p.m., with parking lots opening at 2 p.m.
Anyway, cue all the jokes about two guys with a Hibachi and some old lawn chairs showing up, but this is a good idea — just ask Carolina Hurricanes fans.
Related: Pressure’s on, Coyotes fans
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63