Sep 25, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes — featuring new owners! — are encouraging their fans to show up early and tailgate in the parking lot at 17 weekend home games this season.
“We are excited to introduce tailgating prior to all Coyotes weekend home games this season,” said Coyotes president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc in a release. “We are very fortunate to live in a city that has such great weather during the hockey season so we are encouraging fans to come early to our weekend games and enjoy the great atmosphere outside Jobing.com Arena. We are continually looking for new ways to enhance the game experience for our fans.”
Saturday, Oct. 19, versus the Detroit Red Wings is the first tailgating opportunity for ‘Yotes fans. The game starts at 6 p.m., with parking lots opening at 2 p.m.
Anyway, cue all the jokes about two guys with a Hibachi and some old lawn chairs showing up, but this is a good idea — just ask Carolina Hurricanes fans.
Related: Pressure’s on, Coyotes fans
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 23
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 46
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (54)
- Wild upset with late penalty call that led to Blackhawks winner (48)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (46)