Sep 25, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes — featuring new owners! — are encouraging their fans to show up early and tailgate in the parking lot at 17 weekend home games this season.
“We are excited to introduce tailgating prior to all Coyotes weekend home games this season,” said Coyotes president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc in a release. “We are very fortunate to live in a city that has such great weather during the hockey season so we are encouraging fans to come early to our weekend games and enjoy the great atmosphere outside Jobing.com Arena. We are continually looking for new ways to enhance the game experience for our fans.”
Saturday, Oct. 19, versus the Detroit Red Wings is the first tailgating opportunity for ‘Yotes fans. The game starts at 6 p.m., with parking lots opening at 2 p.m.
Anyway, cue all the jokes about two guys with a Hibachi and some old lawn chairs showing up, but this is a good idea — just ask Carolina Hurricanes fans.
Related: Pressure’s on, Coyotes fans
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42