Sep 25, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes — featuring new owners! — are encouraging their fans to show up early and tailgate in the parking lot at 17 weekend home games this season.
“We are excited to introduce tailgating prior to all Coyotes weekend home games this season,” said Coyotes president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc in a release. “We are very fortunate to live in a city that has such great weather during the hockey season so we are encouraging fans to come early to our weekend games and enjoy the great atmosphere outside Jobing.com Arena. We are continually looking for new ways to enhance the game experience for our fans.”
Saturday, Oct. 19, versus the Detroit Red Wings is the first tailgating opportunity for ‘Yotes fans. The game starts at 6 p.m., with parking lots opening at 2 p.m.
Anyway, cue all the jokes about two guys with a Hibachi and some old lawn chairs showing up, but this is a good idea — just ask Carolina Hurricanes fans.
Related: Pressure’s on, Coyotes fans
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (64)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)