Sep 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks sent some familiar NHL names down to the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs Wednesday, as defenseman Theo Peckham (pictured) and winger Brad Winchester couldn’t make the cut.
Both players have some substantial experience at the game’s highest level, although things haven’t been ideal for either of them lately. They also are the type of guys who might add some toughness here and there, if called upon.
Peckham, 25, played four games each with the Edmonton Oilers, AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons and ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls in 2013. Overall, the blueliner has 160 NHL regular season games on his resume, all with the Oilers (the team that drafted him 75th overall in 2006).
Winchester, 32, was also a pretty high Oilers draft pick at one point, as he was selected in the second round (35th overall) in 2000. He’s been more of a journeyman (likely known best for his three seasons with the St. Louis Blues), logging 552 penalty minutes in 390 regular season contests.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)