Sep 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks sent some familiar NHL names down to the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs Wednesday, as defenseman Theo Peckham (pictured) and winger Brad Winchester couldn’t make the cut.
Both players have some substantial experience at the game’s highest level, although things haven’t been ideal for either of them lately. They also are the type of guys who might add some toughness here and there, if called upon.
Peckham, 25, played four games each with the Edmonton Oilers, AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons and ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls in 2013. Overall, the blueliner has 160 NHL regular season games on his resume, all with the Oilers (the team that drafted him 75th overall in 2006).
Winchester, 32, was also a pretty high Oilers draft pick at one point, as he was selected in the second round (35th overall) in 2000. He’s been more of a journeyman (likely known best for his three seasons with the St. Louis Blues), logging 552 penalty minutes in 390 regular season contests.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)