Sep 25, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks sent some familiar NHL names down to the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs Wednesday, as defenseman Theo Peckham (pictured) and winger Brad Winchester couldn’t make the cut.
Both players have some substantial experience at the game’s highest level, although things haven’t been ideal for either of them lately. They also are the type of guys who might add some toughness here and there, if called upon.
Peckham, 25, played four games each with the Edmonton Oilers, AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons and ECHL’s San Francisco Bulls in 2013. Overall, the blueliner has 160 NHL regular season games on his resume, all with the Oilers (the team that drafted him 75th overall in 2006).
Winchester, 32, was also a pretty high Oilers draft pick at one point, as he was selected in the second round (35th overall) in 2000. He’s been more of a journeyman (likely known best for his three seasons with the St. Louis Blues), logging 552 penalty minutes in 390 regular season contests.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)