Sep 24, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
Tootoo, 30, hurt his shoulder during Thursday’s 8-2 win over Boston at TD Garden. It’s unclear how Tootoo injured his shoulder, though he was boarded by Boston’s Matt Bartkowski late in the second period.
This injury is just the latest to hit Detroit, a team that’s accumulated its fair share of bumps and bruises this preseason. Darren Helm (groin, back) is still on the limp and last week, the club announced forward Patrick Eaves would miss two weeks with MCL and ankle sprains.
It’ll be interesting to see how long Tootoo’s recovery goes. The Wings still need to get cap compliant by Oct. 1 and have a glut of bodies at forward, and Tootoo does carry a fairly hefty $1.9 million cap hit.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)