Sep 24, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
Tootoo, 30, hurt his shoulder during Thursday’s 8-2 win over Boston at TD Garden. It’s unclear how Tootoo injured his shoulder, though he was boarded by Boston’s Matt Bartkowski late in the second period.
This injury is just the latest to hit Detroit, a team that’s accumulated its fair share of bumps and bruises this preseason. Darren Helm (groin, back) is still on the limp and last week, the club announced forward Patrick Eaves would miss two weeks with MCL and ankle sprains.
It’ll be interesting to see how long Tootoo’s recovery goes. The Wings still need to get cap compliant by Oct. 1 and have a glut of bodies at forward, and Tootoo does carry a fairly hefty $1.9 million cap hit.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)