Sep 24, 2013, 10:39 AM EST
Tootoo, 30, hurt his shoulder during Thursday’s 8-2 win over Boston at TD Garden. It’s unclear how Tootoo injured his shoulder, though he was boarded by Boston’s Matt Bartkowski late in the second period.
This injury is just the latest to hit Detroit, a team that’s accumulated its fair share of bumps and bruises this preseason. Darren Helm (groin, back) is still on the limp and last week, the club announced forward Patrick Eaves would miss two weeks with MCL and ankle sprains.
It’ll be interesting to see how long Tootoo’s recovery goes. The Wings still need to get cap compliant by Oct. 1 and have a glut of bodies at forward, and Tootoo does carry a fairly hefty $1.9 million cap hit.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)