Sep 24, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
Tootoo, 30, hurt his shoulder during Thursday’s 8-2 win over Boston at TD Garden. It’s unclear how Tootoo injured his shoulder, though he was boarded by Boston’s Matt Bartkowski late in the second period.
This injury is just the latest to hit Detroit, a team that’s accumulated its fair share of bumps and bruises this preseason. Darren Helm (groin, back) is still on the limp and last week, the club announced forward Patrick Eaves would miss two weeks with MCL and ankle sprains.
It’ll be interesting to see how long Tootoo’s recovery goes. The Wings still need to get cap compliant by Oct. 1 and have a glut of bodies at forward, and Tootoo does carry a fairly hefty $1.9 million cap hit.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)