Sep 24, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
Tootoo, 30, hurt his shoulder during Thursday’s 8-2 win over Boston at TD Garden. It’s unclear how Tootoo injured his shoulder, though he was boarded by Boston’s Matt Bartkowski late in the second period.
This injury is just the latest to hit Detroit, a team that’s accumulated its fair share of bumps and bruises this preseason. Darren Helm (groin, back) is still on the limp and last week, the club announced forward Patrick Eaves would miss two weeks with MCL and ankle sprains.
It’ll be interesting to see how long Tootoo’s recovery goes. The Wings still need to get cap compliant by Oct. 1 and have a glut of bodies at forward, and Tootoo does carry a fairly hefty $1.9 million cap hit.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)