Sep 24, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
There’s some concern out of Dallas regarding the health of defenseman Trevor Daley.
Daley, 29, looks as though he’ll miss the start of the regular season after sustaining an upper-body injury during Friday’s preseason game against Florida.
“It looks like Trevor will miss a little bit of time,” Dallas head coach Lindy Ruff told Stars Inside Edge. “I don’t think he’ll be able to start the season, but it won’t be a long time.”
An unheralded but important part of the Stars blueline, Daley underwent offseason surgery to correct a neck issue. Following the procedure, he said he felt “great” to open training camp.
But on Tuesday, he told the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika the injury suffered Friday was indeed a neck issue. That said, Daley didn’t specify what the problem was.
Daley finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average. He’s expected to be a key component of Dallas’ top-four defense this season, along with Sergei Gonchar, Alex Goligoski and Brenden Dillon.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)