Sep 24, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
There’s some concern out of Dallas regarding the health of defenseman Trevor Daley.
Daley, 29, looks as though he’ll miss the start of the regular season after sustaining an upper-body injury during Friday’s preseason game against Florida.
“It looks like Trevor will miss a little bit of time,” Dallas head coach Lindy Ruff told Stars Inside Edge. “I don’t think he’ll be able to start the season, but it won’t be a long time.”
An unheralded but important part of the Stars blueline, Daley underwent offseason surgery to correct a neck issue. Following the procedure, he said he felt “great” to open training camp.
But on Tuesday, he told the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika the injury suffered Friday was indeed a neck issue. That said, Daley didn’t specify what the problem was.
Daley finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average. He’s expected to be a key component of Dallas’ top-four defense this season, along with Sergei Gonchar, Alex Goligoski and Brenden Dillon.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)