Sep 24, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
There’s some concern out of Dallas regarding the health of defenseman Trevor Daley.
Daley, 29, looks as though he’ll miss the start of the regular season after sustaining an upper-body injury during Friday’s preseason game against Florida.
“It looks like Trevor will miss a little bit of time,” Dallas head coach Lindy Ruff told Stars Inside Edge. “I don’t think he’ll be able to start the season, but it won’t be a long time.”
An unheralded but important part of the Stars blueline, Daley underwent offseason surgery to correct a neck issue. Following the procedure, he said he felt “great” to open training camp.
But on Tuesday, he told the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika the injury suffered Friday was indeed a neck issue. That said, Daley didn’t specify what the problem was.
Daley finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average. He’s expected to be a key component of Dallas’ top-four defense this season, along with Sergei Gonchar, Alex Goligoski and Brenden Dillon.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)