Sep 24, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
There’s some concern out of Dallas regarding the health of defenseman Trevor Daley.
Daley, 29, looks as though he’ll miss the start of the regular season after sustaining an upper-body injury during Friday’s preseason game against Florida.
“It looks like Trevor will miss a little bit of time,” Dallas head coach Lindy Ruff told Stars Inside Edge. “I don’t think he’ll be able to start the season, but it won’t be a long time.”
An unheralded but important part of the Stars blueline, Daley underwent offseason surgery to correct a neck issue. Following the procedure, he said he felt “great” to open training camp.
But on Tuesday, he told the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika the injury suffered Friday was indeed a neck issue. That said, Daley didn’t specify what the problem was.
Daley finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average. He’s expected to be a key component of Dallas’ top-four defense this season, along with Sergei Gonchar, Alex Goligoski and Brenden Dillon.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)