Sep 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Wondering when the NHLPA will make the call on hybrid icing? The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman has that information:
Hybrid icing has drawn mixed reviews from players, so we’ll have to wait and see on the vote’s outcome.
Yesterday, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said the “vast majority” of NHL general managers liked the rule, which is being applied on a tryout basis during the preseason.
The regular season starts next Tuesday, so “Monday at the latest” is a good way to put it.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)