Sep 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Wondering when the NHLPA will make the call on hybrid icing? The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman has that information:
Hybrid icing has drawn mixed reviews from players, so we’ll have to wait and see on the vote’s outcome.
Yesterday, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said the “vast majority” of NHL general managers liked the rule, which is being applied on a tryout basis during the preseason.
The regular season starts next Tuesday, so “Monday at the latest” is a good way to put it.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)