Sep 24, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Boll, the club’s longest-tenured player, suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh and it remains unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action.
“He’s going to be sidelined for a bit,” coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “I don’t know exactly (how long) — it could be a few days, it could be a week or two weeks. Something like that.”
Boll, 27, recently signed a three-year, $5.1 million extension to stick with the Jackets, the only NHL team he’s played for. He made his Columbus debut in 2007 and has appeared in nearly 400 games for the club.
Bass, 26, suffered a broken thumb during Monday’s preseason tilt and will be out 4-6 weeks.
Ottawa’s fourth-round pick at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Bass didn’t play in the NHL last year — spending all of his time with AHL Springfield — but did appear in 14 games for Columbus during the 2011-12 campaign.
Bass’ best campaign came with the Senators in 2007-08, when he played in 21 games and scored 2G-2A.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)