Sep 24, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Boll, the club’s longest-tenured player, suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh and it remains unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action.
“He’s going to be sidelined for a bit,” coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “I don’t know exactly (how long) — it could be a few days, it could be a week or two weeks. Something like that.”
Boll, 27, recently signed a three-year, $5.1 million extension to stick with the Jackets, the only NHL team he’s played for. He made his Columbus debut in 2007 and has appeared in nearly 400 games for the club.
Bass, 26, suffered a broken thumb during Monday’s preseason tilt and will be out 4-6 weeks.
Ottawa’s fourth-round pick at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Bass didn’t play in the NHL last year — spending all of his time with AHL Springfield — but did appear in 14 games for Columbus during the 2011-12 campaign.
Bass’ best campaign came with the Senators in 2007-08, when he played in 21 games and scored 2G-2A.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)