Sep 24, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Boll, the club’s longest-tenured player, suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh and it remains unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action.
“He’s going to be sidelined for a bit,” coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “I don’t know exactly (how long) — it could be a few days, it could be a week or two weeks. Something like that.”
Boll, 27, recently signed a three-year, $5.1 million extension to stick with the Jackets, the only NHL team he’s played for. He made his Columbus debut in 2007 and has appeared in nearly 400 games for the club.
Bass, 26, suffered a broken thumb during Monday’s preseason tilt and will be out 4-6 weeks.
Ottawa’s fourth-round pick at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Bass didn’t play in the NHL last year — spending all of his time with AHL Springfield — but did appear in 14 games for Columbus during the 2011-12 campaign.
Bass’ best campaign came with the Senators in 2007-08, when he played in 21 games and scored 2G-2A.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)