Sep 24, 2013, 3:04 PM EST
Boll, the club’s longest-tenured player, suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh and it remains unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action.
“He’s going to be sidelined for a bit,” coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “I don’t know exactly (how long) — it could be a few days, it could be a week or two weeks. Something like that.”
Boll, 27, recently signed a three-year, $5.1 million extension to stick with the Jackets, the only NHL team he’s played for. He made his Columbus debut in 2007 and has appeared in nearly 400 games for the club.
Bass, 26, suffered a broken thumb during Monday’s preseason tilt and will be out 4-6 weeks.
Ottawa’s fourth-round pick at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Bass didn’t play in the NHL last year — spending all of his time with AHL Springfield — but did appear in 14 games for Columbus during the 2011-12 campaign.
Bass’ best campaign came with the Senators in 2007-08, when he played in 21 games and scored 2G-2A.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)