Sep 24, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Boll, the club’s longest-tenured player, suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh and it remains unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action.
“He’s going to be sidelined for a bit,” coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “I don’t know exactly (how long) — it could be a few days, it could be a week or two weeks. Something like that.”
Boll, 27, recently signed a three-year, $5.1 million extension to stick with the Jackets, the only NHL team he’s played for. He made his Columbus debut in 2007 and has appeared in nearly 400 games for the club.
Bass, 26, suffered a broken thumb during Monday’s preseason tilt and will be out 4-6 weeks.
Ottawa’s fourth-round pick at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Bass didn’t play in the NHL last year — spending all of his time with AHL Springfield — but did appear in 14 games for Columbus during the 2011-12 campaign.
Bass’ best campaign came with the Senators in 2007-08, when he played in 21 games and scored 2G-2A.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 2
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)