Sep 24, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
He’s being punished for violating Rule 70.10, which hands players an automatic 10-game ban if they leave their bench illegally during a fight or to start an altercation.
“I sometimes make decisions with my heart, not my head,” Clarkson said.
As a result, the Maple Leafs will be without their big free agent signing until Oct. 25. That also puts the Maple Leafs in an even rougher salary cap situation.
Clarkson apologized at least three times for not talking to the media since the incident.
— Stephen Whyno (@SWhyno) September 25, 2013
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)