Sep 24, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
He’s being punished for violating Rule 70.10, which hands players an automatic 10-game ban if they leave their bench illegally during a fight or to start an altercation.
“I sometimes make decisions with my heart, not my head,” Clarkson said.
As a result, the Maple Leafs will be without their big free agent signing until Oct. 25. That also puts the Maple Leafs in an even rougher salary cap situation.
Clarkson apologized at least three times for not talking to the media since the incident.
— Stephen Whyno (@SWhyno) September 25, 2013
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34