Sep 24, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
He’s being punished for violating Rule 70.10, which hands players an automatic 10-game ban if they leave their bench illegally during a fight or to start an altercation.
“I sometimes make decisions with my heart, not my head,” Clarkson said.
As a result, the Maple Leafs will be without their big free agent signing until Oct. 25. That also puts the Maple Leafs in an even rougher salary cap situation.
Clarkson apologized at least three times for not talking to the media since the incident.
— Stephen Whyno (@SWhyno) September 25, 2013
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 8
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 1
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)