Sep 24, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
He’s being punished for violating Rule 70.10, which hands players an automatic 10-game ban if they leave their bench illegally during a fight or to start an altercation.
“I sometimes make decisions with my heart, not my head,” Clarkson said.
As a result, the Maple Leafs will be without their big free agent signing until Oct. 25. That also puts the Maple Leafs in an even rougher salary cap situation.
Clarkson apologized at least three times for not talking to the media since the incident.
— Stephen Whyno (@SWhyno) September 25, 2013
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6