Sep 24, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
He’s being punished for violating Rule 70.10, which hands players an automatic 10-game ban if they leave their bench illegally during a fight or to start an altercation.
“I sometimes make decisions with my heart, not my head,” Clarkson said.
As a result, the Maple Leafs will be without their big free agent signing until Oct. 25. That also puts the Maple Leafs in an even rougher salary cap situation.
Clarkson apologized at least three times for not talking to the media since the incident.
— Stephen Whyno (@SWhyno) September 25, 2013
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)