Sep 23, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
After rolling the dice with less seasoned backups (or questionable ones like Andrew Raycroft) in recent seasons, the Dallas Stars decided to back up Kari Lehtonen with Dan Ellis in 2013-14. With that in mind, it shouldn’t be surprising that prospect Jack Campbell was assigned to the AHL’s Texas Stars on Monday.
Still, some might want to see the 2010 first-rounder (11th overall) make bigger strides soon. The 21-year-old hasn’t played in an NHL regular season game yet.
High-level goalies tend to take a long time to develop, so it’s not time to panic, but one has to wonder when (or if) he’ll break through. Stars blog Defending Big D labels him as a goalie of the team’s future alongside Philippe Desrosiers.
Campbell played in 40 games for the Texas Stars last season, going 19-13-3 with a .905 save percentage.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 24
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 21
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 26
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)