Sep 23, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
After rolling the dice with less seasoned backups (or questionable ones like Andrew Raycroft) in recent seasons, the Dallas Stars decided to back up Kari Lehtonen with Dan Ellis in 2013-14. With that in mind, it shouldn’t be surprising that prospect Jack Campbell was assigned to the AHL’s Texas Stars on Monday.
Still, some might want to see the 2010 first-rounder (11th overall) make bigger strides soon. The 21-year-old hasn’t played in an NHL regular season game yet.
High-level goalies tend to take a long time to develop, so it’s not time to panic, but one has to wonder when (or if) he’ll break through. Stars blog Defending Big D labels him as a goalie of the team’s future alongside Philippe Desrosiers.
Campbell played in 40 games for the Texas Stars last season, going 19-13-3 with a .905 save percentage.
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs Day at PHT 0
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 19
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 40
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 35
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)