Sep 23, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have made roster moves in the aftermath of Sunday’s melee with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Three players directly involved with the line brawl — forward Mike Zigomanis and defensemen Chad Rudhwedel and Drew Bagnall — have all been dispatched to AHL Rochester, the club announced on Monday.
Also headed to Rochester are Matt Hackett, Brayden McNabb and Matt Ellis.
Ruhwedel, Bagnall and Zigomanis all received fighting majors and 10-minute misconducts for their participation in the brawl. Ruhwedel squared off with Tyler Bozak, Bagnall with T.J. Brennan and Zigomanis with Andrew MacWilliam (who, it should be noted, was also dispatched to the AHL on Monday.)
All told, the game featured 239 penalty minutes and could produce as many as three suspensions: David Clarkson for leaving the bench to engage in a fight, Phil Kessel for a match penalty after slashing John Scott and Scott for going after Kessel.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)