Sep 23, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have made roster moves in the aftermath of Sunday’s melee with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Three players directly involved with the line brawl — forward Mike Zigomanis and defensemen Chad Rudhwedel and Drew Bagnall — have all been dispatched to AHL Rochester, the club announced on Monday.
Also headed to Rochester are Matt Hackett, Brayden McNabb and Matt Ellis.
Ruhwedel, Bagnall and Zigomanis all received fighting majors and 10-minute misconducts for their participation in the brawl. Ruhwedel squared off with Tyler Bozak, Bagnall with T.J. Brennan and Zigomanis with Andrew MacWilliam (who, it should be noted, was also dispatched to the AHL on Monday.)
All told, the game featured 239 penalty minutes and could produce as many as three suspensions: David Clarkson for leaving the bench to engage in a fight, Phil Kessel for a match penalty after slashing John Scott and Scott for going after Kessel.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)