Sep 23, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have made roster moves in the aftermath of Sunday’s melee with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Three players directly involved with the line brawl — forward Mike Zigomanis and defensemen Chad Rudhwedel and Drew Bagnall — have all been dispatched to AHL Rochester, the club announced on Monday.
Also headed to Rochester are Matt Hackett, Brayden McNabb and Matt Ellis.
Ruhwedel, Bagnall and Zigomanis all received fighting majors and 10-minute misconducts for their participation in the brawl. Ruhwedel squared off with Tyler Bozak, Bagnall with T.J. Brennan and Zigomanis with Andrew MacWilliam (who, it should be noted, was also dispatched to the AHL on Monday.)
All told, the game featured 239 penalty minutes and could produce as many as three suspensions: David Clarkson for leaving the bench to engage in a fight, Phil Kessel for a match penalty after slashing John Scott and Scott for going after Kessel.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)