Sep 23, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have made roster moves in the aftermath of Sunday’s melee with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Three players directly involved with the line brawl — forward Mike Zigomanis and defensemen Chad Rudhwedel and Drew Bagnall — have all been dispatched to AHL Rochester, the club announced on Monday.
Also headed to Rochester are Matt Hackett, Brayden McNabb and Matt Ellis.
Ruhwedel, Bagnall and Zigomanis all received fighting majors and 10-minute misconducts for their participation in the brawl. Ruhwedel squared off with Tyler Bozak, Bagnall with T.J. Brennan and Zigomanis with Andrew MacWilliam (who, it should be noted, was also dispatched to the AHL on Monday.)
All told, the game featured 239 penalty minutes and could produce as many as three suspensions: David Clarkson for leaving the bench to engage in a fight, Phil Kessel for a match penalty after slashing John Scott and Scott for going after Kessel.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)