Sep 23, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
Calling himself “a born winger,” Brandon Saad is back where he was born to be after the Chicago Blackhawks experimented with the 20-year-old at center (with hopes of having him play the middle on the second line this season.)
Another candidate is young Brandon Pirri; the 22-year-old who starred in the AHL last season will get a chance to show his stuff tonight in Pittsburgh.
Per the Chicago Tribune, ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Saad is still a future option to play center, but for now it appears the sophomore will play the wing on the third line.
“(If) he plays on your third line, that line is a very dangerous line offensively,” said Quenneville.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)