Sep 23, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
Calling himself “a born winger,” Brandon Saad is back where he was born to be after the Chicago Blackhawks experimented with the 20-year-old at center (with hopes of having him play the middle on the second line this season.)
Another candidate is young Brandon Pirri; the 22-year-old who starred in the AHL last season will get a chance to show his stuff tonight in Pittsburgh.
Per the Chicago Tribune, ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Saad is still a future option to play center, but for now it appears the sophomore will play the wing on the third line.
“(If) he plays on your third line, that line is a very dangerous line offensively,” said Quenneville.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)