Sep 23, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
Calling himself “a born winger,” Brandon Saad is back where he was born to be after the Chicago Blackhawks experimented with the 20-year-old at center (with hopes of having him play the middle on the second line this season.)
Another candidate is young Brandon Pirri; the 22-year-old who starred in the AHL last season will get a chance to show his stuff tonight in Pittsburgh.
Per the Chicago Tribune, ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Saad is still a future option to play center, but for now it appears the sophomore will play the wing on the third line.
“(If) he plays on your third line, that line is a very dangerous line offensively,” said Quenneville.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)