Sep 23, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
Calling himself “a born winger,” Brandon Saad is back where he was born to be after the Chicago Blackhawks experimented with the 20-year-old at center (with hopes of having him play the middle on the second line this season.)
Another candidate is young Brandon Pirri; the 22-year-old who starred in the AHL last season will get a chance to show his stuff tonight in Pittsburgh.
Per the Chicago Tribune, ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Saad is still a future option to play center, but for now it appears the sophomore will play the wing on the third line.
“(If) he plays on your third line, that line is a very dangerous line offensively,” said Quenneville.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 23
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)