Sep 23, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
Calling himself “a born winger,” Brandon Saad is back where he was born to be after the Chicago Blackhawks experimented with the 20-year-old at center (with hopes of having him play the middle on the second line this season.)
Another candidate is young Brandon Pirri; the 22-year-old who starred in the AHL last season will get a chance to show his stuff tonight in Pittsburgh.
Per the Chicago Tribune, ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Saad is still a future option to play center, but for now it appears the sophomore will play the wing on the third line.
“(If) he plays on your third line, that line is a very dangerous line offensively,” said Quenneville.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13