Sep 23, 2013, 8:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Things got a bit busy last night, didn’t they? There’ll be more to come about all the shenanigans that let loose in Toronto between the Maple Leafs and the Sabres. In other, less punchy news:
The Lightning are looking to provide more of a family atmosphere for the team and that doesn’t mean having clowns roaming the stands. (Tampa Tribune)
One thing that may come of last night’s fights are even more difficult salary cap issues for the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Sportsnet)
Finally, Buffalo’s Ryan Miller summed things up in a way Ron Burgundy would understand via Twitter.
Thankfully, no one got hold of a trident.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)