Sep 23, 2013, 8:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Things got a bit busy last night, didn’t they? There’ll be more to come about all the shenanigans that let loose in Toronto between the Maple Leafs and the Sabres. In other, less punchy news:
The Lightning are looking to provide more of a family atmosphere for the team and that doesn’t mean having clowns roaming the stands. (Tampa Tribune)
One thing that may come of last night’s fights are even more difficult salary cap issues for the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Sportsnet)
Finally, Buffalo’s Ryan Miller summed things up in a way Ron Burgundy would understand via Twitter.
Thankfully, no one got hold of a trident.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)