Sep 23, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Things got a bit busy last night, didn’t they? There’ll be more to come about all the shenanigans that let loose in Toronto between the Maple Leafs and the Sabres. In other, less punchy news:
The Lightning are looking to provide more of a family atmosphere for the team and that doesn’t mean having clowns roaming the stands. (Tampa Tribune)
One thing that may come of last night’s fights are even more difficult salary cap issues for the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Sportsnet)
Finally, Buffalo’s Ryan Miller summed things up in a way Ron Burgundy would understand via Twitter.
Thankfully, no one got hold of a trident.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 19
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)