Sep 23, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Kyle Beach, the 11th overall pick in the 2008 draft, is on waivers, according to USA Today’s Kevin Allen.
Beach has spent his entire pro career with the Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate in Rockford. Last year, he scored 16 goals, with 10 assists, in 66 games while amassing 204 penalty minutes.
The 23-year-old signed a one-year, two-way extension with the ‘Hawks this summer. If unclaimed, he’s presumably headed back to Rockford.
A star in junior, Beach scored 52 goals for the Spokane Chiefs in 2009-10; however, questions about his attitude have followed him from his days in the WHL (see: this article from 2007 for background).
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)