Sep 23, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Kyle Beach, the 11th overall pick in the 2008 draft, is on waivers, according to USA Today’s Kevin Allen.
Beach has spent his entire pro career with the Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate in Rockford. Last year, he scored 16 goals, with 10 assists, in 66 games while amassing 204 penalty minutes.
The 23-year-old signed a one-year, two-way extension with the ‘Hawks this summer. If unclaimed, he’s presumably headed back to Rockford.
A star in junior, Beach scored 52 goals for the Spokane Chiefs in 2009-10; however, questions about his attitude have followed him from his days in the WHL (see: this article from 2007 for background).
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2