Sep 23, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Kyle Beach, the 11th overall pick in the 2008 draft, is on waivers, according to USA Today’s Kevin Allen.
Beach has spent his entire pro career with the Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate in Rockford. Last year, he scored 16 goals, with 10 assists, in 66 games while amassing 204 penalty minutes.
The 23-year-old signed a one-year, two-way extension with the ‘Hawks this summer. If unclaimed, he’s presumably headed back to Rockford.
A star in junior, Beach scored 52 goals for the Spokane Chiefs in 2009-10; however, questions about his attitude have followed him from his days in the WHL (see: this article from 2007 for background).
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)