Sep 23, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Kyle Beach, the 11th overall pick in the 2008 draft, is on waivers, according to USA Today’s Kevin Allen.
Beach has spent his entire pro career with the Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate in Rockford. Last year, he scored 16 goals, with 10 assists, in 66 games while amassing 204 penalty minutes.
The 23-year-old signed a one-year, two-way extension with the ‘Hawks this summer. If unclaimed, he’s presumably headed back to Rockford.
A star in junior, Beach scored 52 goals for the Spokane Chiefs in 2009-10; however, questions about his attitude have followed him from his days in the WHL (see: this article from 2007 for background).
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 71
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)