Sep 23, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Kyle Beach, the 11th overall pick in the 2008 draft, is on waivers, according to USA Today’s Kevin Allen.
Beach has spent his entire pro career with the Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate in Rockford. Last year, he scored 16 goals, with 10 assists, in 66 games while amassing 204 penalty minutes.
The 23-year-old signed a one-year, two-way extension with the ‘Hawks this summer. If unclaimed, he’s presumably headed back to Rockford.
A star in junior, Beach scored 52 goals for the Spokane Chiefs in 2009-10; however, questions about his attitude have followed him from his days in the WHL (see: this article from 2007 for background).
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6