Sep 23, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers were in the market for a heavyweight, and they got one today.
The club announced Monday that it’s added Steve MacIntyre off waivers from Pittsburgh. The 33-year-old has played tough guy for the Oilers before, as you can see below:
Edmonton’s desire to add a protector no doubt increased Saturday after Vancouver’s Dale Weise took a run at Taylor Hall (video) in a preseason game. The Oilers-Canucks contest also saw Zack Kassian break Sam Gagner’s jaw with his stick.
Both Weise and Kassian are facing discipline from the NHL.
The Oilers and Canucks, by the way, face each other Saturday, Oct. 5, in Vancouver.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54