Sep 23, 2013, 1:44 PM EST
The Oilers are none too pleased with the Canucks.
On Monday, both Edmonton players and coaches voiced displeasure with events from Saturday night’s 5-2 win, during which Vancouver’s Zack Kassian broke Sam Gagner‘s jaw with a high stick and Dale Weise threw an elbow at Taylor Hall.
First up, Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins.
“A disturbing play by a disturbing player,” Eakins said of Kassian’s high stick, as per Sportsnet’s Mark Spector.
Both Kassian and Weise are facing supplemental discipline for their actions, with Kassian likely to get a stiffer sentence thanks to an in-person hearing request, which he declined to attend. Kassian did, however, have the hearing over the phone this morning.
But back to the Oilers for a sec.
Echoing his coach Eakins’ sentiments — to a certain degree — was noted tough guy Ben Eager.
“We play [the Canucks] a lot down the stretch,” Eager explained. “We’re going to go after their skill players also.”
While a good effort by Eager, he might want to re-check the calendar. The Canucks and Oilers play four times between Oct. 3-Jan. 27, then just once more over the final three months of the regular season.
That said, he does have a history with going after Vancouver’s skill guys:
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)