Sep 23, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
The Oilers are none too pleased with the Canucks.
On Monday, both Edmonton players and coaches voiced displeasure with events from Saturday night’s 5-2 win, during which Vancouver’s Zack Kassian broke Sam Gagner‘s jaw with a high stick and Dale Weise threw an elbow at Taylor Hall.
First up, Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins.
“A disturbing play by a disturbing player,” Eakins said of Kassian’s high stick, as per Sportsnet’s Mark Spector.
Both Kassian and Weise are facing supplemental discipline for their actions, with Kassian likely to get a stiffer sentence thanks to an in-person hearing request, which he declined to attend. Kassian did, however, have the hearing over the phone this morning.
But back to the Oilers for a sec.
Echoing his coach Eakins’ sentiments — to a certain degree — was noted tough guy Ben Eager.
“We play [the Canucks] a lot down the stretch,” Eager explained. “We’re going to go after their skill players also.”
While a good effort by Eager, he might want to re-check the calendar. The Canucks and Oilers play four times between Oct. 3-Jan. 27, then just once more over the final three months of the regular season.
That said, he does have a history with going after Vancouver’s skill guys:
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)