Sep 22, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
So, this was Paul Ranger‘s shootout attempt Saturday.
And yes, there was a distinct kicking motion, as he tried to propel the puck off his stick using his foot.Sabres’ goalie Jhonas Enroth didn’t seem too impressed (quote below).
The attempt was unsuccessful – as were an additional 28 others, as the skills competition went to the 15th round with only one goal – but brought a laugh out of the Leafs’ players and coaches.
Interesting thing about Ranger is he’s actually shown decent offensive ability in the past, like when he scored 10 goals and had 31 points with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2007-08.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)