Sep 22, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
So, this was Paul Ranger‘s shootout attempt Saturday.
And yes, there was a distinct kicking motion, as he tried to propel the puck off his stick using his foot.Sabres’ goalie Jhonas Enroth didn’t seem too impressed (quote below).
The attempt was unsuccessful – as were an additional 28 others, as the skills competition went to the 15th round with only one goal – but brought a laugh out of the Leafs’ players and coaches.
Interesting thing about Ranger is he’s actually shown decent offensive ability in the past, like when he scored 10 goals and had 31 points with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2007-08.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)