Sep 22, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
So, this was Paul Ranger‘s shootout attempt Saturday.
And yes, there was a distinct kicking motion, as he tried to propel the puck off his stick using his foot.Sabres’ goalie Jhonas Enroth didn’t seem too impressed (quote below).
The attempt was unsuccessful – as were an additional 28 others, as the skills competition went to the 15th round with only one goal – but brought a laugh out of the Leafs’ players and coaches.
Interesting thing about Ranger is he’s actually shown decent offensive ability in the past, like when he scored 10 goals and had 31 points with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2007-08.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)