Sep 22, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
So, this was Paul Ranger‘s shootout attempt Saturday.
And yes, there was a distinct kicking motion, as he tried to propel the puck off his stick using his foot.Sabres’ goalie Jhonas Enroth didn’t seem too impressed (quote below).
The attempt was unsuccessful – as were an additional 28 others, as the skills competition went to the 15th round with only one goal – but brought a laugh out of the Leafs’ players and coaches.
Interesting thing about Ranger is he’s actually shown decent offensive ability in the past, like when he scored 10 goals and had 31 points with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2007-08.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 0
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2