Sep 22, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
So, this was Paul Ranger‘s shootout attempt Saturday.
And yes, there was a distinct kicking motion, as he tried to propel the puck off his stick using his foot.Sabres’ goalie Jhonas Enroth didn’t seem too impressed (quote below).
The attempt was unsuccessful – as were an additional 28 others, as the skills competition went to the 15th round with only one goal – but brought a laugh out of the Leafs’ players and coaches.
Interesting thing about Ranger is he’s actually shown decent offensive ability in the past, like when he scored 10 goals and had 31 points with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2007-08.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 11
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58