Sep 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Joffrey Lupul is about to get his first taste of preseason action.
Lupul says he’s ready to roll for tonight’s preseason game in Toronto against the Buffalo Sabres. He’s missed the previous four thanks to a case of back spasms. Sean Fitz-Gerald of the National Post finds out Lupul is champing at the bit to play.
“We’ve put in a lot of hours this week, and I’ve done some stuff on my own in shooting, and I feel good,” Lupul told reporters after Sunday’s game-day skate.
Leafs coach Randy Carlyle added Lupul is “110-percent ready to play” which means the Leafs will have a great idea of just how ready to go he is.
Lupul’s health has been an issue throughout his career thanks to a myriad of misfortune. Three years ago, a bacterial infection kept him out of action and nearly derailed his career. A tricky back should be nothing compared to what he’s already been through.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11