Sep 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Joffrey Lupul is about to get his first taste of preseason action.
Lupul says he’s ready to roll for tonight’s preseason game in Toronto against the Buffalo Sabres. He’s missed the previous four thanks to a case of back spasms. Sean Fitz-Gerald of the National Post finds out Lupul is champing at the bit to play.
“We’ve put in a lot of hours this week, and I’ve done some stuff on my own in shooting, and I feel good,” Lupul told reporters after Sunday’s game-day skate.
Leafs coach Randy Carlyle added Lupul is “110-percent ready to play” which means the Leafs will have a great idea of just how ready to go he is.
Lupul’s health has been an issue throughout his career thanks to a myriad of misfortune. Three years ago, a bacterial infection kept him out of action and nearly derailed his career. A tricky back should be nothing compared to what he’s already been through.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)