Sep 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Joffrey Lupul is about to get his first taste of preseason action.
Lupul says he’s ready to roll for tonight’s preseason game in Toronto against the Buffalo Sabres. He’s missed the previous four thanks to a case of back spasms. Sean Fitz-Gerald of the National Post finds out Lupul is champing at the bit to play.
“We’ve put in a lot of hours this week, and I’ve done some stuff on my own in shooting, and I feel good,” Lupul told reporters after Sunday’s game-day skate.
Leafs coach Randy Carlyle added Lupul is “110-percent ready to play” which means the Leafs will have a great idea of just how ready to go he is.
Lupul’s health has been an issue throughout his career thanks to a myriad of misfortune. Three years ago, a bacterial infection kept him out of action and nearly derailed his career. A tricky back should be nothing compared to what he’s already been through.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 2
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)