Sep 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
Saturday night between the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers has produced a notable list of injuries – for both teams.
- Oilers center Sam Gagner left the game in the second period after taking a reckless swinging high stick from Canucks’ forward Zack Kassian. As per the Oilers’ Twitter account, Gagner will not be returning. Kassian was assessed a double-minor for high sticking. After the game, it was revealed Gagner lost some teeth and will have his jaw looked at, as per Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
- Canucks’ Jordan Schroeder, who is in a battle to win a job as either a third or fourth-line center in Vancouver, left the game and did not return after blocking a Nail Yakupov slap shot in the second period.
- Canucks’ rookie hopeful Nicklas Jensen left the game and did not return with what the club called an undisclosed injury. The injury occurred in the first period, after Jensen took a heavy hit into the boards.
- Canucks’ fourth-line winger Dale Weise caught Taylor Hall up high with a shoulder to the head in the first period. Weise was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head. Soon after Weise got out of the box, he was challenged to a fight by Oilers’ enforcer Mike Brown.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld