Sep 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EST
Saturday night between the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers has produced a notable list of injuries – for both teams.
- Oilers center Sam Gagner left the game in the second period after taking a reckless swinging high stick from Canucks’ forward Zack Kassian. As per the Oilers’ Twitter account, Gagner will not be returning. Kassian was assessed a double-minor for high sticking. After the game, it was revealed Gagner lost some teeth and will have his jaw looked at, as per Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
- Canucks’ Jordan Schroeder, who is in a battle to win a job as either a third or fourth-line center in Vancouver, left the game and did not return after blocking a Nail Yakupov slap shot in the second period.
- Canucks’ rookie hopeful Nicklas Jensen left the game and did not return with what the club called an undisclosed injury. The injury occurred in the first period, after Jensen took a heavy hit into the boards.
- Canucks’ fourth-line winger Dale Weise caught Taylor Hall up high with a shoulder to the head in the first period. Weise was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head. Soon after Weise got out of the box, he was challenged to a fight by Oilers’ enforcer Mike Brown.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 0
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld