Sep 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
Saturday night between the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers has produced a notable list of injuries – for both teams.
- Oilers center Sam Gagner left the game in the second period after taking a reckless swinging high stick from Canucks’ forward Zack Kassian. As per the Oilers’ Twitter account, Gagner will not be returning. Kassian was assessed a double-minor for high sticking. After the game, it was revealed Gagner lost some teeth and will have his jaw looked at, as per Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
- Canucks’ Jordan Schroeder, who is in a battle to win a job as either a third or fourth-line center in Vancouver, left the game and did not return after blocking a Nail Yakupov slap shot in the second period.
- Canucks’ rookie hopeful Nicklas Jensen left the game and did not return with what the club called an undisclosed injury. The injury occurred in the first period, after Jensen took a heavy hit into the boards.
- Canucks’ fourth-line winger Dale Weise caught Taylor Hall up high with a shoulder to the head in the first period. Weise was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head. Soon after Weise got out of the box, he was challenged to a fight by Oilers’ enforcer Mike Brown.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld