Sep 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
Saturday night between the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers has produced a notable list of injuries – for both teams.
- Oilers center Sam Gagner left the game in the second period after taking a reckless swinging high stick from Canucks’ forward Zack Kassian. As per the Oilers’ Twitter account, Gagner will not be returning. Kassian was assessed a double-minor for high sticking. After the game, it was revealed Gagner lost some teeth and will have his jaw looked at, as per Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
- Canucks’ Jordan Schroeder, who is in a battle to win a job as either a third or fourth-line center in Vancouver, left the game and did not return after blocking a Nail Yakupov slap shot in the second period.
- Canucks’ rookie hopeful Nicklas Jensen left the game and did not return with what the club called an undisclosed injury. The injury occurred in the first period, after Jensen took a heavy hit into the boards.
- Canucks’ fourth-line winger Dale Weise caught Taylor Hall up high with a shoulder to the head in the first period. Weise was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head. Soon after Weise got out of the box, he was challenged to a fight by Oilers’ enforcer Mike Brown.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld