Sep 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
Saturday night between the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers has produced a notable list of injuries – for both teams.
- Oilers center Sam Gagner left the game in the second period after taking a reckless swinging high stick from Canucks’ forward Zack Kassian. As per the Oilers’ Twitter account, Gagner will not be returning. Kassian was assessed a double-minor for high sticking. After the game, it was revealed Gagner lost some teeth and will have his jaw looked at, as per Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal.
- Canucks’ Jordan Schroeder, who is in a battle to win a job as either a third or fourth-line center in Vancouver, left the game and did not return after blocking a Nail Yakupov slap shot in the second period.
- Canucks’ rookie hopeful Nicklas Jensen left the game and did not return with what the club called an undisclosed injury. The injury occurred in the first period, after Jensen took a heavy hit into the boards.
- Canucks’ fourth-line winger Dale Weise caught Taylor Hall up high with a shoulder to the head in the first period. Weise was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head. Soon after Weise got out of the box, he was challenged to a fight by Oilers’ enforcer Mike Brown.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld