Sep 22, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
“I believe he’ll be ready. That’s just my opinion,” DeBoer said on Sunday. “I’d like to see him in an exhibition game or two in a perfect world, but I think he’ll be ready.”
Indeed, it would be preferable for the 41-year-old to get more acquainted with his new team, but it’s not as if the veteran struggles with quick transitions.
He’s played for three different NHL teams in the last two seasons and played well, even for a much younger forward. Even so, the Devils feature a variety of new parts heading into 2013-14, so there might be some growing pains to go with what seems like aging pains.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35