Sep 22, 2013, 8:58 PM EST
“I believe he’ll be ready. That’s just my opinion,” DeBoer said on Sunday. “I’d like to see him in an exhibition game or two in a perfect world, but I think he’ll be ready.”
Indeed, it would be preferable for the 41-year-old to get more acquainted with his new team, but it’s not as if the veteran struggles with quick transitions.
He’s played for three different NHL teams in the last two seasons and played well, even for a much younger forward. Even so, the Devils feature a variety of new parts heading into 2013-14, so there might be some growing pains to go with what seems like aging pains.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11