Sep 22, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
“I believe he’ll be ready. That’s just my opinion,” DeBoer said on Sunday. “I’d like to see him in an exhibition game or two in a perfect world, but I think he’ll be ready.”
Indeed, it would be preferable for the 41-year-old to get more acquainted with his new team, but it’s not as if the veteran struggles with quick transitions.
He’s played for three different NHL teams in the last two seasons and played well, even for a much younger forward. Even so, the Devils feature a variety of new parts heading into 2013-14, so there might be some growing pains to go with what seems like aging pains.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 14
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21