Sep 22, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
“I believe he’ll be ready. That’s just my opinion,” DeBoer said on Sunday. “I’d like to see him in an exhibition game or two in a perfect world, but I think he’ll be ready.”
Indeed, it would be preferable for the 41-year-old to get more acquainted with his new team, but it’s not as if the veteran struggles with quick transitions.
He’s played for three different NHL teams in the last two seasons and played well, even for a much younger forward. Even so, the Devils feature a variety of new parts heading into 2013-14, so there might be some growing pains to go with what seems like aging pains.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5